- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Messi’s 2nd goal v AC Milan was rather similar to Barca’s 2nd against Man United in 2011
Considering 10 of the 11 starters for Barcelona against AC Milan on Tuesday evening also began the 2011 Champions League final, the fact the Catalans pulled off a similar move should come as no surprise.
Against the Rossoneri, Barcelona bagged a crucial second goal thanks to a run from deep by Andres Iniesta, a pass to Messi, who shot left footed along the ground past Christian Abbiati.
This immediately provoked comparisons with Barcelona’s second goal at Wembley in the Champions League final of 2011.
As can be seen below, Iniesta feeds Messi again and the Argentine strikes unnerringly past Edwin van der Sar from the edge of the box with a low left footed strike.
Compare and contrast Lionel Messi (2) v AC Milan and Lionel Messi scoring Barcelona’s second at Wembley v Manchester United:
- Updated: March 12, 2013