- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Messi’s 2nd goal v AC Milan was rather similar to Barca’s 2nd against Man United in 2011
Considering 10 of the 11 starters for Barcelona against AC Milan on Tuesday evening also began the 2011 Champions League final, the fact the Catalans pulled off a similar move should come as no surprise.
Against the Rossoneri, Barcelona bagged a crucial second goal thanks to a run from deep by Andres Iniesta, a pass to Messi, who shot left footed along the ground past Christian Abbiati.
This immediately provoked comparisons with Barcelona’s second goal at Wembley in the Champions League final of 2011.
As can be seen below, Iniesta feeds Messi again and the Argentine strikes unnerringly past Edwin van der Sar from the edge of the box with a low left footed strike.
Compare and contrast Lionel Messi (2) v AC Milan and Lionel Messi scoring Barcelona’s second at Wembley v Manchester United:
- Updated: March 12, 2013