Messi’s 2nd goal v AC Milan was rather similar to Barca’s 2nd against Man United in 2011
- March 12, 2013
Considering 10 of the 11 starters for Barcelona against AC Milan on Tuesday evening also began the 2011 Champions League final, the fact the Catalans pulled off a similar move should come as no surprise.
Against the Rossoneri, Barcelona bagged a crucial second goal thanks to a run from deep by Andres Iniesta, a pass to Messi, who shot left footed along the ground past Christian Abbiati.
This immediately provoked comparisons with Barcelona’s second goal at Wembley in the Champions League final of 2011.
As can be seen below, Iniesta feeds Messi again and the Argentine strikes unnerringly past Edwin van der Sar from the edge of the box with a low left footed strike.
Compare and contrast Lionel Messi (2) v AC Milan and Lionel Messi scoring Barcelona’s second at Wembley v Manchester United:
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...