Barcelona wonderkid Georgios Spanoudakis is currently having a trial at Arsenal
Barcelona’s 15 year old midfielder Georgios Spanoudakis is currently undergoing a trial with Arsenal, according to various sources.
Spanoudakis played for Arsenal’s U18 side as they defeated Lincoln 1-0 in a pre-season friendly on Tuesday.
Arsenal are said to be quite impressed with the youngster and are keen to sign him with a deal looking likely as Barcelona seek compensation for the loss of an outstanding talent.
Spanoudakis has been courted by many top European sides since joining La Masia when he was 9 but wants to play for Arsenal, a club with a history of nurturing talent from Barcelona. Most notably, Cesc Fabregas was put in the Arsenal first team at the age of just 16.
And the German youth international boasts a larger physique than Fabregas, already 6ft tall, Spanoudakis has a bright future ahead of him.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal thank Mikel Arteta for the memories after five years with the club (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Leicester earned £93m for winning EPL, but Arsenal made over £100m coming second [Graphic]May 24th, 2016
- Arsenal keeper Petr Cech heaps praise on “extraordinary” Mesut Ozil (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Arsenal pay tribute to Tomas Rosicky after a decade at the club (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Barcelona have decided to release Spurs target Sandro Ramirez [Mail]May 24th, 2016
- Gerard Pique fired shots at the Madrid media outlets in Barcelona’s double celebrationsMay 24th, 2016
- Barcelona star Dani Alves Trolls Pele in an Instagram videoMay 24th, 2016
- Watch Andres Iniesta’s spellbinding performance v Sevilla set to Beethoven (Video)May 23rd, 2016