Barcelona wonderkid Georgios Spanoudakis is currently having a trial at Arsenal
Barcelona’s 15 year old midfielder Georgios Spanoudakis is currently undergoing a trial with Arsenal, according to various sources.
Spanoudakis played for Arsenal’s U18 side as they defeated Lincoln 1-0 in a pre-season friendly on Tuesday.
Arsenal are said to be quite impressed with the youngster and are keen to sign him with a deal looking likely as Barcelona seek compensation for the loss of an outstanding talent.
Spanoudakis has been courted by many top European sides since joining La Masia when he was 9 but wants to play for Arsenal, a club with a history of nurturing talent from Barcelona. Most notably, Cesc Fabregas was put in the Arsenal first team at the age of just 16.
And the German youth international boasts a larger physique than Fabregas, already 6ft tall, Spanoudakis has a bright future ahead of him.
Watch Live Stream
- MOTD running order: Gary Lineker explains Liverpool & Arsenal positioning (video)October 22, 2016
- Gooner slams players for ruining Arsene Wenger’s birthday v Boro (Arsenal Fan TV Video)October 22, 2016
- Granit Xhaka & Hector Bellerin try to explain Arsenal 0 – Middlesbrough 0 on InstagramOctober 22, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby undergoes ankle surgery in London [L’Equipe]October 22, 2016
- Leo Messi reacted angrily to the Valencia fans after late penalty winner (video)October 22, 2016
- Andres Iniesta suffers a horror injury for Barcelona at Valencia (Video)October 22, 2016
- Valencia fans hit Neymar & Luis Suarez with bottles after Barcelona’s late winner (Video)October 22, 2016
- Arsenal fans will love Hector Bellerin’s response to hypothetical Barcelona call (Video)October 22, 2016