Barcelona wonderkid Georgios Spanoudakis is currently having a trial at Arsenal
Barcelona’s 15 year old midfielder Georgios Spanoudakis is currently undergoing a trial with Arsenal, according to various sources.
Spanoudakis played for Arsenal’s U18 side as they defeated Lincoln 1-0 in a pre-season friendly on Tuesday.
Arsenal are said to be quite impressed with the youngster and are keen to sign him with a deal looking likely as Barcelona seek compensation for the loss of an outstanding talent.
Spanoudakis has been courted by many top European sides since joining La Masia when he was 9 but wants to play for Arsenal, a club with a history of nurturing talent from Barcelona. Most notably, Cesc Fabregas was put in the Arsenal first team at the age of just 16.
And the German youth international boasts a larger physique than Fabregas, already 6ft tall, Spanoudakis has a bright future ahead of him.
Watch Live Stream
- Charlie Nicholas apologises to Arsene Wenger, Paul Merson praises Arsenal (Video)October 1, 2016
- Ruben Loftus-Cheek takes on Arsenal’s Alex Iwobi at FIFA 17 launch (Video)October 1, 2016
- Arsenal pay tribute to manager Arsene Wenger’s 20 years at club so far (Video)October 1, 2016
- Arsene Wenger explains how The Invincibles happened with 2 Arsenal legends & William Gallas (Video)October 1, 2016
- Neymar committed some horrendous dives against Borusssia Monchengladbach (Video)September 30, 2016
- Luis Suarez swore at Gladbach fans, told lino “Your mother’s c*nt, you clown” (Video)September 30, 2016
- Eric Abidal’s incredible 2011 CL final story about angry Man United playersSeptember 28, 2016
- Rumour: Former Spurs & Barcelona forward Giovani dos Santos is being blackmailed over a sex tapeSeptember 26, 2016