Barcelona wonderkid Georgios Spanoudakis is currently having a trial at Arsenal
Barcelona’s 15 year old midfielder Georgios Spanoudakis is currently undergoing a trial with Arsenal, according to various sources.
Spanoudakis played for Arsenal’s U18 side as they defeated Lincoln 1-0 in a pre-season friendly on Tuesday.
Arsenal are said to be quite impressed with the youngster and are keen to sign him with a deal looking likely as Barcelona seek compensation for the loss of an outstanding talent.
Spanoudakis has been courted by many top European sides since joining La Masia when he was 9 but wants to play for Arsenal, a club with a history of nurturing talent from Barcelona. Most notably, Cesc Fabregas was put in the Arsenal first team at the age of just 16.
And the German youth international boasts a larger physique than Fabregas, already 6ft tall, Spanoudakis has a bright future ahead of him.
Watch Live Stream
- Carl Jenkinson dropped as Wenger admits he’s been affected by Arsenal fans’ Twitter abuseDecember 3, 2016
- Santi Cazorla reassures Arsenal fans over injury timeline (Video)December 2, 2016
- Arsenal not interested in bringing Wilshere back despite crocked Cazorla [Times]December 2, 2016
- Arsenal now ahead of Liverpool in the race for Welsh wonderkid AmpaduDecember 2, 2016
- People aren’t happy as FIFA announce final three for Best Player AwardDecember 2, 2016
- Barcelona nearly signed Cristiano Ronaldo before his Real Madrid move [Daily Mail]December 2, 2016
- Barcelona v Real Madrid: Watch The top 10 goals scored in El Clasico history (videos)December 2, 2016
- Barcelona v Real Madrid: El Clasico preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 2, 2016