Barcelona wonderkid Georgios Spanoudakis is currently having a trial at Arsenal
- July 23, 2014
Barcelona’s 15 year old midfielder Georgios Spanoudakis is currently undergoing a trial with Arsenal, according to various sources.
Spanoudakis played for Arsenal’s U18 side as they defeated Lincoln 1-0 in a pre-season friendly on Tuesday.
Arsenal are said to be quite impressed with the youngster and are keen to sign him with a deal looking likely as Barcelona seek compensation for the loss of an outstanding talent.
Spanoudakis has been courted by many top European sides since joining La Masia when he was 9 but wants to play for Arsenal, a club with a history of nurturing talent from Barcelona. Most notably, Cesc Fabregas was put in the Arsenal first team at the age of just 16.
And the German youth international boasts a larger physique than Fabregas, already 6ft tall, Spanoudakis has a bright future ahead of him.
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez produces really classy gesture at Chile training [video]
- Behind the scenes on Petr Cech’s first day at Arsenal [video]
- Chelsea fans enjoy new interview where Petr Cech jokes about Arsenal [video]
- Arturo Vidal’s agent reveals there has been no contact with Arsenal [Di Marzio]
- Lukas Podolski appears on Galatasaray TV as move from Arsenal draws near [video]
- David Seaman hails Arsenal’s capture of Petr Cech from Chelsea on Talksport [Audio]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi