Barcelona will move for Ander Herrera, if Cesc Fabregas joins Arsenal or Man United [El Mundo Deportivo]
The thought of Cesc Fabregas being moved on at Barcelona is becoming a very real prospect.
Fabregas was linked with both Manchester United and a return to Arsenal in recent days and it appears Barcelona are keen to get rid of the Spanish playmaker.
El Mundo Deportivo report today that Barcelona have already planned for the day after Cesc Fabregas – the Catalan giants will move for Athletic Bilbao’s Ander Herrera.
Both Cesc and Barcelona are getting frustrated that the former Arsenal captain has not nailed down a starting position on his return to Barcelona and there are now many thinking that Fabregas may be better suited to Premier League football.
Herrera was heavily linked with Manchester United last summer and had a terrific second half of the season, coming close to breaking into the Spain World Cup squad.
The 24-year-old has a 36 million euro exit clause in his contract and Barcelona believe they can make a profit on selling Fabregas and bringing in Herrera.
El Mundo Deportivo suggest Manchester United would pay up to 55 million euros for Cesc Fabregas.
Arsenal’s buy back clause on Fabregas could see Barcelona bring in 43 million euros, according to the Catalan paper.
Barcelona are also linked with a host of other midfielders, including Paul Pogba, Koke and Arturo Vidal.
Watch Live Stream
- Lucas Perez passes Arsenal medical, deal to be done this weekend [Mirror]August 26, 2016
- Shkodran Mustafi will be a big upgrade on Per Mertesacker at Arsenal (Video)August 26, 2016
- Arsene Wenger insists he is a big spender….in real life (Video)August 26, 2016
- Arsenal’s Rob Holding doesn’t know what an Oyster Card is (Video)August 26, 2016
- Sporting Gijon v Athletic Bilbao suspended due to racist abuse at Iñaki WilliamsAugust 22, 2016
- Athletic Bilbao’s Susaeta finishes glorious team goal v Borussia Dortmund (Video)August 9, 2016
- Man City fail to get Bilbao centre-half Laporte, target Atletico defender [AS]June 20, 2016
- Athletic Bilbao play mind games with Man City with Aymeric Laporte’s new buyout clauseJune 13, 2016
- Barcelona tried to sign Arsenal bound striker Lucas Perez [Graham Hunter Audio]August 26, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s brilliant response to Gerard Pique’s easy Champions League commentsAugust 26, 2016
- The Champions League group stage draw in full ft. Leicester and ArsenalAugust 25, 2016
- Barcelona pay tribute to new Man City keeper Claudio Bravo with highlights montage (video)August 25, 2016