Barcelona will move for Ander Herrera, if Cesc Fabregas joins Arsenal or Man United [El Mundo Deportivo]
- May 25, 2014
The thought of Cesc Fabregas being moved on at Barcelona is becoming a very real prospect.
Fabregas was linked with both Manchester United and a return to Arsenal in recent days and it appears Barcelona are keen to get rid of the Spanish playmaker.
El Mundo Deportivo report today that Barcelona have already planned for the day after Cesc Fabregas – the Catalan giants will move for Athletic Bilbao’s Ander Herrera.
Both Cesc and Barcelona are getting frustrated that the former Arsenal captain has not nailed down a starting position on his return to Barcelona and there are now many thinking that Fabregas may be better suited to Premier League football.
Herrera was heavily linked with Manchester United last summer and had a terrific second half of the season, coming close to breaking into the Spain World Cup squad.
The 24-year-old has a 36 million euro exit clause in his contract and Barcelona believe they can make a profit on selling Fabregas and bringing in Herrera.
El Mundo Deportivo suggest Manchester United would pay up to 55 million euros for Cesc Fabregas.
Arsenal’s buy back clause on Fabregas could see Barcelona bring in 43 million euros, according to the Catalan paper.
Barcelona are also linked with a host of other midfielders, including Paul Pogba, Koke and Arturo Vidal.
- Heathrow Airport trolls Arsenal & Chelsea [Tweet]
- Arsenal fans vent as it looks certain no new signings will be made on deadline day [Twe...
- Arsene Wenger spotted in Paris, could Arsenal land Edinson Cavani? (Pictures)
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem got stamped on for Rangers on Sunday (Video)
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes spectacular 92nd minute save in 2-1 win v Juvent...
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem bags lovely through ball assist on Rangers league debut (...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...