Barcelona will move for Ander Herrera, if Cesc Fabregas joins Arsenal or Man United [El Mundo Deportivo]
The thought of Cesc Fabregas being moved on at Barcelona is becoming a very real prospect.
Fabregas was linked with both Manchester United and a return to Arsenal in recent days and it appears Barcelona are keen to get rid of the Spanish playmaker.
El Mundo Deportivo report today that Barcelona have already planned for the day after Cesc Fabregas – the Catalan giants will move for Athletic Bilbao’s Ander Herrera.
Both Cesc and Barcelona are getting frustrated that the former Arsenal captain has not nailed down a starting position on his return to Barcelona and there are now many thinking that Fabregas may be better suited to Premier League football.
Herrera was heavily linked with Manchester United last summer and had a terrific second half of the season, coming close to breaking into the Spain World Cup squad.
The 24-year-old has a 36 million euro exit clause in his contract and Barcelona believe they can make a profit on selling Fabregas and bringing in Herrera.
El Mundo Deportivo suggest Manchester United would pay up to 55 million euros for Cesc Fabregas.
Arsenal’s buy back clause on Fabregas could see Barcelona bring in 43 million euros, according to the Catalan paper.
Barcelona are also linked with a host of other midfielders, including Paul Pogba, Koke and Arturo Vidal.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal’s Alex Iwobi kicking himself after missing chances against Reading [Snapchat]October 25, 2016
- Oxlade-Chamberlain scores brace as Arsenal beat Reading 2-0 [Tweets]October 25, 2016
- Giroud returns to the bench: Arsenal v Reading [Team Sheets]October 25, 2016
- Arsenal v Reading: Watch a live stream of the EFL Cup matchOctober 25, 2016
- Arda Turan denied Luis Suarez an easy tap-in so the striker made sure to return the favour (Video)August 29, 2016
- Barcelona win at Bilbao thanks to Ter Stegen’s face & Rakitic’s header (Official video)August 29, 2016
- Sporting Gijon v Athletic Bilbao suspended due to racist abuse at Iñaki WilliamsAugust 22, 2016
- Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-08-28August 21, 2016
- Barcelona striker Luis Suarez reveals plans to return to former clubOctober 25, 2016
- Revealed: PSG agreed to pay Neymar’s €190m release clause but not his monster tax debt [L’Equipe]October 25, 2016
- Did violent Valencia tactics make Andres Iniesta’s injury inevitable? (Video)October 24, 2016
- Andres Iniesta’s injury timetable sees him miss 12 Barcelona fixtures, including ClasicoOctober 23, 2016