- Villarreal youth Álvaro Cruz with beautiful golazo [Video]
- Top 10 goalkeeper saves from first-half of Bundesliga season [Official video]
- Gary Neville on footballing ability of Sky pundit & Arsenal legend Thierry Henry [Video]
- David Moyes considering bring Liverpool’s Emre Can on loan to Real Sociedad [AS]
- Theo Zidane (Zinedine’s 3rd son) scores cracking goal for Real Madrid v Espanyol
Barcelona will move for Ander Herrera, if Cesc Fabregas joins Arsenal or Man United [El Mundo Deportivo]
The thought of Cesc Fabregas being moved on at Barcelona is becoming a very real prospect.
Fabregas was linked with both Manchester United and a return to Arsenal in recent days and it appears Barcelona are keen to get rid of the Spanish playmaker.
El Mundo Deportivo report today that Barcelona have already planned for the day after Cesc Fabregas – the Catalan giants will move for Athletic Bilbao’s Ander Herrera.
Both Cesc and Barcelona are getting frustrated that the former Arsenal captain has not nailed down a starting position on his return to Barcelona and there are now many thinking that Fabregas may be better suited to Premier League football.
Herrera was heavily linked with Manchester United last summer and had a terrific second half of the season, coming close to breaking into the Spain World Cup squad.
The 24-year-old has a 36 million euro exit clause in his contract and Barcelona believe they can make a profit on selling Fabregas and bringing in Herrera.
El Mundo Deportivo suggest Manchester United would pay up to 55 million euros for Cesc Fabregas.
Arsenal’s buy back clause on Fabregas could see Barcelona bring in 43 million euros, according to the Catalan paper.
Barcelona are also linked with a host of other midfielders, including Paul Pogba, Koke and Arturo Vidal.
- Updated: May 25, 2014