- Radamel Falcao confirms return to Man United training on Twitter
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi played Jordi Alba in with an incredible long range pass [Vine]
- Dejan Lovren before Palace defeat: “I want to be Liverpool captain one day” [Video]
- Rant! Jamie Carragher claims Liverpool are “mentally & physically weak” after 3-1 loss [Video]
- Rodgers Out? Liverpool boss compared to David Moyes at Man United last season [Stats & Graphic]
Barcelona want Chelsea keeper Petr Cech to replace Victor Valdes [Mundo Deportivo]
It feels like someone at Chelsea is messing about with the Spanish press on Tuesday as, following Sport’s splash that Chelsea want to buy Victor Valdes, El Mundo Deportivo feature Petr Cech on their front cover in a link to Barcelona.
Mundo Deportivo, in an article with no quotes or significant supporting evidence, fart that “Candidato Cech” could be Barcelona’s next goalie following the widespread belief that Valdes will leave next summer.
In direct contradiction to Sport’s belief that Thibaut Courtois is too young to be Chelsea’s number one, MD argue that it is in fact the brilliance of the Belgium keeper that will put Cech “on the market” after 2013-14.
MD’s argument runs that Courtois is a shoo-in to take the number one spot at Stamford Bridge next season, and, using the powers of Mystic Meg, herald that “next year will be another story” for the 21-year-old.
The article tapers off with a mixture of sweet and sour for any excitable Barcelona fans.
MD, in one last pep-rally for their story, call Cech’s talents “indisputable”, label him a “world-class goalkeeper” and conclude that his arrival would make “Barca the greatest”, while also responsibly noting that the Czech keeper has a contract at Chelsea until 2016 and that Chelsea don’t want to sell.
- Updated: September 10, 2013