Barcelona want Chelsea keeper Petr Cech to replace Victor Valdes [Mundo Deportivo]
- September 10, 2013
It feels like someone at Chelsea is messing about with the Spanish press on Tuesday as, following Sport’s splash that Chelsea want to buy Victor Valdes, El Mundo Deportivo feature Petr Cech on their front cover in a link to Barcelona.
Mundo Deportivo, in an article with no quotes or significant supporting evidence, fart that “Candidato Cech” could be Barcelona’s next goalie following the widespread belief that Valdes will leave next summer.
In direct contradiction to Sport’s belief that Thibaut Courtois is too young to be Chelsea’s number one, MD argue that it is in fact the brilliance of the Belgium keeper that will put Cech “on the market” after 2013-14.
MD’s argument runs that Courtois is a shoo-in to take the number one spot at Stamford Bridge next season, and, using the powers of Mystic Meg, herald that “next year will be another story” for the 21-year-old.
The article tapers off with a mixture of sweet and sour for any excitable Barcelona fans.
MD, in one last pep-rally for their story, call Cech’s talents “indisputable”, label him a “world-class goalkeeper” and conclude that his arrival would make “Barca the greatest”, while also responsibly noting that the Czech keeper has a contract at Chelsea until 2016 and that Chelsea don’t want to sell.
- Sloppy Neymar had a good time at a house party in Brazil [Video]
- It’s official: Barcelona sign Arda Turan from Atletico Madrid
- Barcelona could announce the signing of Chelsea target Arda Turan today [AS]
- See how Lionel Messi’s family were allegedly attacked by Chile fans at the Copa A...
- Man United refuse to sell David De Gea to Real Madrid, unless they sign Sergio Ramos in...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi