Barcelona want Chelsea keeper Petr Cech to replace Victor Valdes [Mundo Deportivo]
It feels like someone at Chelsea is messing about with the Spanish press on Tuesday as, following Sport’s splash that Chelsea want to buy Victor Valdes, El Mundo Deportivo feature Petr Cech on their front cover in a link to Barcelona.
Mundo Deportivo, in an article with no quotes or significant supporting evidence, fart that “Candidato Cech” could be Barcelona’s next goalie following the widespread belief that Valdes will leave next summer.
In direct contradiction to Sport’s belief that Thibaut Courtois is too young to be Chelsea’s number one, MD argue that it is in fact the brilliance of the Belgium keeper that will put Cech “on the market” after 2013-14.
MD’s argument runs that Courtois is a shoo-in to take the number one spot at Stamford Bridge next season, and, using the powers of Mystic Meg, herald that “next year will be another story” for the 21-year-old.
The article tapers off with a mixture of sweet and sour for any excitable Barcelona fans.
MD, in one last pep-rally for their story, call Cech’s talents “indisputable”, label him a “world-class goalkeeper” and conclude that his arrival would make “Barca the greatest”, while also responsibly noting that the Czech keeper has a contract at Chelsea until 2016 and that Chelsea don’t want to sell.
- Leo Messi sends cryptic message to the Spanish Tax Man on Instagram
- Ronaldo romps and Messi watch complaints feature in new book of Barcelona anecdotes
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi will be tried in Spain for tax fraud, could spend 22 months...
- Man United & Barcelona send scouts to watch one of the hottest stars in Belgium [H...
- Arsenal’s Petr Cech reveals all about his upbringing & home country (video)
- Man United’s David De Gea previews Arsenal, rates Cech as one of the world’...
- Arsenal players left shocked and uneasy at Arsene Wenger’s decision to start Davi...
- Aaron Ramsey talks about captaining Arsenal and Petr Cech’s secret talent (Video)