Barcelona want another striker: Linked with Rooney, Suarez, Torres, Chicharito & Lukaku
- May 29, 2013
Catalan papers El Mundo Deportivo and Sport both lead today with the news that Barcelona are looking for another striker, despite the high profile signing of Neymar at the beginning of this week.
With David Villa and perhaps Cristian Tello leaving the Nou Camp this summer and with Gerard Deulofeu tipped for a loan move to Borussia Dortmund, the Barcelona hierarchy are keen to bring in a striker to supplement the likes of Lionel Messi and Neymar.
Barcelona have been scouting a “classic number 9″ type of forward, who will press the oppostion but is also aware that he won’t play every game.
Effectively, the Catalan giants are looking for a Henrik Larsson-type player. The Swedish striker played for Barcelona between 2004 and 2006 and became a crowd favourite at the Nou Camp, often coming off the bench to great effect.
Both El Mundo Deportivo and Sport link a raft of strikers with Barcelona, including Miroslav Klose, Mario Gomez, Fernando Torres, Leandro Damiao, Javier Hernandez, Wayne Rooney, Romelu Lukaku, Daniel Osvaldo, Mario Gomez and Wilfried Bony.
Sport suggest Manchester United boss David Moyes wants to keep Wayne Rooney at Old Trafford but Liverpool’s Luis Suarez may be a realistic target.
The full run down of Barcelona striking targets can be seen via the graphic from El Mundo Deportivo below. The Sport suggestions are above.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]