Barcelona want £50m rated David Silva from Manchester City to replace Xavi [Sunday People]
- February 1, 2014
The back page of the Sunday People claims Barcelona want David Silva to replace Xavi in the heart of their midfield.
According to Steve Bates, “Barcelona will go all out to land David Silva” with Xavi unlikely to play longer than this season at the Nou Camp.
The Spanish veteran schemer is now 34 and has recently been linked heavily with a move to the MLS, specifically with New York Red Bulls.
The Sunday People rate Silva at 50 million pounds and you have to wonder whether Barcelona would be able to lure the former Valencia playmaker away from the Etihad.
It is also questionable if Barcelona will move for big-money players after the Neymar transfer saw the resignation of president Sandro Rosell last month.
- Fiorentina v Barcelona: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Pedro’s mother says her son is leaving Barcelona, moving to England [Cadena Ser A...
- Back to business: Barcelona’s deadly MSN trio are reunited in training (Video)
- Barcelona president Jose Maria Bartomeu ‘does not foresee’ Pedro departure
- Barcelona fan cries hysterically as Pedro refuses to deny Man United links (Video)
- Messi returns to Barcelona training a week early along with Neymar (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi