- Supersonic Golazo! Inter’s Mateo Kovacic scores Thunder-bastard volley v Lazio [GIF & Video]
- Arsenal fan says ‘Liverpool fans should be embarrassed by the lack of atmosphere at Anfield’ [Video]
- ‘United In Grief’: Best ever Half-and-Half shirt spotted at Newcastle 0 – Sunderland 1. Respect Sir!
- Liverpool fan Chris deliberately winds up Gooners by calling Alexis Sanchez a waste of money [Video]
- Super-positive Gooner Ty taking lots of positives from Liverpool 2 – Arsenal 2 [Video]
Barcelona want £50m rated David Silva from Manchester City to replace Xavi [Sunday People]
The back page of the Sunday People claims Barcelona want David Silva to replace Xavi in the heart of their midfield.
According to Steve Bates, “Barcelona will go all out to land David Silva” with Xavi unlikely to play longer than this season at the Nou Camp.
The Spanish veteran schemer is now 34 and has recently been linked heavily with a move to the MLS, specifically with New York Red Bulls.
The Sunday People rate Silva at 50 million pounds and you have to wonder whether Barcelona would be able to lure the former Valencia playmaker away from the Etihad.
It is also questionable if Barcelona will move for big-money players after the Neymar transfer saw the resignation of president Sandro Rosell last month.
- Updated: February 1, 2014