- Lionel Messi fell flat on his face celebrating his 400th Barcelona goal yesterday [GIF]
- Ex Newcastle star Obafemi Martins incredible first touch & golazo for Seattle Sounders [GIF & Vine]
- Leaked: Brand new pictures of Manchester United’s 3rd kit for 2015-16
- Arsenal fans outside Wembley sing homophobic song about ex-Chelsea man Ashley Cole [Video]
- Spurs loanee Alex Pritchard scored yet another fine goal for Brentford [Official Video]
Barcelona want £50m rated David Silva from Manchester City to replace Xavi [Sunday People]
- February 1, 2014
The back page of the Sunday People claims Barcelona want David Silva to replace Xavi in the heart of their midfield.
According to Steve Bates, “Barcelona will go all out to land David Silva” with Xavi unlikely to play longer than this season at the Nou Camp.
The Spanish veteran schemer is now 34 and has recently been linked heavily with a move to the MLS, specifically with New York Red Bulls.
The Sunday People rate Silva at 50 million pounds and you have to wonder whether Barcelona would be able to lure the former Valencia playmaker away from the Etihad.
It is also questionable if Barcelona will move for big-money players after the Neymar transfer saw the resignation of president Sandro Rosell last month.