Barcelona want £50m rated David Silva from Manchester City to replace Xavi [Sunday People]
- February 1, 2014
The back page of the Sunday People claims Barcelona want David Silva to replace Xavi in the heart of their midfield.
According to Steve Bates, “Barcelona will go all out to land David Silva” with Xavi unlikely to play longer than this season at the Nou Camp.
The Spanish veteran schemer is now 34 and has recently been linked heavily with a move to the MLS, specifically with New York Red Bulls.
The Sunday People rate Silva at 50 million pounds and you have to wonder whether Barcelona would be able to lure the former Valencia playmaker away from the Etihad.
It is also questionable if Barcelona will move for big-money players after the Neymar transfer saw the resignation of president Sandro Rosell last month.
- Gerard Pique explains how he learned how to become a prankster at Manchester United
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...