- Cute! Angel Di Maria’s wife & daughter post Instagram pic showing their Man United love
- Scenes! Bayern Munich’s amazing away fans partying in unison at Man City [Fan Cam]
- QUITTER! Roy Keane ‘relinquished his role’ as Aston Villa assistant manager
- Wenger on Arsenal injuries: Szczesny hasn’t trained, Arteta out, Sanogo ‘problems’ & Welbeck knock
- Why Lionel Messi’s records don’t really matter, it’s about the way he plays football [Ray Hudson Raw]
Barcelona to bid €30m + Dani Alves for PSG central defender Marquinhos [Le Parisien]
The arrival of Chelsea defender David Luiz at PSG looks set to push the transfer dominoes along at the Parc des Princes.
Le Parisien report today that PSG are eager to get their summer business done as soon as possible and Marquinhos could be a key player to shift on for the Ligue 1 champions.
Marquinhos, a highly-rated 20-year-old central defender struggled for playing time in 2013/2014 and will certainly not be close to the first team next season with David Luiz and Thiago Silva set to start at the back.
Reports suggest Barcelona are weighing up a move of between 30 to 40 million euros and Le Parisien add that Dani Alves could well be included in the deal.
Due to Financial Fair Play rules, PSG need to recoup plenty in incoming transfers so it seems likely that it will be a straight money transfer.
Barcelona have long been on the lookout for a central defender and Marquinhos would be a fine signing for the future having already performed well at Roma and PSG.
If Alves does not sign for PSG, the French champions will make a move for AC Milan’s Ignazio Abate.
Le Parisien add that a PSG move for Eden Hazard is very unlikely and that Alex will stay at the club as a back-up central defender.
- Updated: May 26, 2014