Barcelona still yet to receive a bid for David Villa, Tottenham the front runners [Marca]
- July 6, 2013
Marca report today that Barcelona are still waiting for a formal offer for David Villa, despite the fact the Spain striker is clearly on the market for a move from the Nou Camp.
The Madrid based daily believe that there are two clubs most interested: Tottenham and Fiorentina – but there are some clear complications to any deal.
Villa barely featured for Spain at the recent Confederations Cup so Barcelona’s current valuation of 15 million euros looks too steep for many clubs and Marca expect the striker to join Spurs or The Viola for around 10 million euros.
Considering Barcelona paid 40 million euros to Valencia for Villa, they will be keen to get the maximum and there is another factor that could well endanger the deal.
Villa earns 7 million euros a season at the Nou Camp. However, this jumps up to 11 million euros for the final year of his contract, another reason why Tottenham may baulk at any deal, despite the Spain striker being Andre Villas-Boas’ first choice.
Yet, Villa is surplus to requirements at Barcelona after the signing of Neymar and it is conceivable Spurs could secure a double deal for the former Valencia striker and youngster Gerard Deulofeu, who looks set for a loan spell in the Premier League.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...