Barcelona still trying to sign €100m trio Marquinhos, Jeremy Mathieu and Juan Cuadrado [Sport]
- July 12, 2014
Barcelona may have just signed Luis Suarez for a fee in the region of £70 million, having already recruited Ter Stegen, Rakitic and Bravo, but their spending is not done.
According to Spanish football site Sport, Luis Enrique still hopes to add three players to his squad for next season.
Two of those are defensive reinforcements – Marquinhos from PSG and Jeremy Mathieu from Valencia. The defence is an area that must be improved for Barca if they are to challenge on all fronts.
Those two transfers may cost the best part of €60 million with PSG looking to sell Marquinhos for a profit and Valencia wanting Barca to meet Mathieu’s release clause of €20 million.
as well as those two players, Barcelona want to sign Fiorentina’s Juan Cuadrado. Cuadrado had a great World Cup and this only increased his value. Enrique would have to splash at least €40 million on the winger.
- Gerard Pique explains how he learned how to become a prankster at Manchester United
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...