Barcelona still trying to sign €100m trio Marquinhos, Jeremy Mathieu and Juan Cuadrado [Sport]
- July 12, 2014
Barcelona may have just signed Luis Suarez for a fee in the region of £70 million, having already recruited Ter Stegen, Rakitic and Bravo, but their spending is not done.
According to Spanish football site Sport, Luis Enrique still hopes to add three players to his squad for next season.
Two of those are defensive reinforcements – Marquinhos from PSG and Jeremy Mathieu from Valencia. The defence is an area that must be improved for Barca if they are to challenge on all fronts.
Those two transfers may cost the best part of €60 million with PSG looking to sell Marquinhos for a profit and Valencia wanting Barca to meet Mathieu’s release clause of €20 million.
as well as those two players, Barcelona want to sign Fiorentina’s Juan Cuadrado. Cuadrado had a great World Cup and this only increased his value. Enrique would have to splash at least €40 million on the winger.
- Chelsea v Barcelona: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Thomas Vermaelen says injuries are behind him after ‘disappointing year’ (V...
- Neymar asks for his Dad to be left alone amid Barcelona transfer investigation (Video)
- Fail: US newspaper write up hilariously error-strewn report of Man United 3 – Bar...
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls Cristiano Ronaldo ‘good’ in a word association gam...
- Former Barcelona midfielder Ibrahim Afellay is having a medical at Stoke [Sky Sports]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi