- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
- Porto star Jackson Martinez nets Zlatan-esque backheel volley golazo [Vine & GIF]
- Troll! Juanfran showed Barcelona’s Neymar 7 fingers, referencing 7-1 loss to Germany [Video]
- Christian Eriksen (Spurs) inch perfect free kick golazo v Sheffield United [GIF]
Barcelona still trying to sign €100m trio Marquinhos, Jeremy Mathieu and Juan Cuadrado [Sport]
Barcelona may have just signed Luis Suarez for a fee in the region of £70 million, having already recruited Ter Stegen, Rakitic and Bravo, but their spending is not done.
According to Spanish football site Sport, Luis Enrique still hopes to add three players to his squad for next season.
Two of those are defensive reinforcements – Marquinhos from PSG and Jeremy Mathieu from Valencia. The defence is an area that must be improved for Barca if they are to challenge on all fronts.
Those two transfers may cost the best part of €60 million with PSG looking to sell Marquinhos for a profit and Valencia wanting Barca to meet Mathieu’s release clause of €20 million.
as well as those two players, Barcelona want to sign Fiorentina’s Juan Cuadrado. Cuadrado had a great World Cup and this only increased his value. Enrique would have to splash at least €40 million on the winger.
- Updated: July 12, 2014