- Quality fan footage vine of Christian Eriksen’s free-kick v Sheffield United
- Chelsea appear to have a clear advantage with the fixture list in the build-up to the Capital One Cup final
- Andrea Pirlo’s quality skills v Parma for Juventus in the Coppa Italia [GIF]
- USA coach Jurgen Klinsmann backheels TWO balls at the same time! [GIF]
- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
Barcelona starlet Gerard Deulofeu unsure whether to sign for Spurs or Everton [El Mundo Deportivo]
Catalan paper El Mundo Deportivo confirm this Thursday morning that it is a straight battle between Premier League sides Spurs and Everton to sign Barcelona starlet Gerard Deulofeu.
One of the stars of the ongoing Under-20 World Cup, Deulofeu will take part in Spain’s quarter-final with Turkey on Saturday, is now understood to be unsure which English club will better suit his development in the long term.
Both Barcelona and the player are keen for regular playing time at a high level in a side that plays the type of football that will suit Deulofeu’s game – both Everton and Tottenham fit the bill in this regard.
A number of big-name clubs have offered a loan deal but have asked for a purchase option at the end of the season, which Barcelona are unwilling to agree to.
Tottenham’s one advantage is Europa League football, but Deulofeu will probably find it harder to break into the Spurs first team, compared with Everton.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas is considered a good coach for young Barcelona players. Having given Oriol Romeu plenty of chances whilst at Chelsea and AVB was spotted watching the Barca B side just weeks after being sacked at Stamford Bridge.
Similarly, Roberto Martinez and his style of football which will be employed at Everton should also suit Deulofeu.
The final of the Under-20 World Cup takes place on July 13, 2013.
- Updated: July 4, 2013