- Adriano announces on Twitter that he’s signed for Ligue 2 club Le Havre
- Harry Kane posts Christmas Jumper pic on Instagram as Spurs head to Leicester
- Italian legend Christian Vieri shared a racy Christmas message from a female admirer [Picture]
- Andy Murray bags an Alexis Sanchez Arsenal shirt for Christmas!
- Sunderland winger Adam Johnson TROLLS Newcastle with Christmas message!
Barcelona starlet Gerard Deulofeu unsure whether to sign for Spurs or Everton [El Mundo Deportivo]
Catalan paper El Mundo Deportivo confirm this Thursday morning that it is a straight battle between Premier League sides Spurs and Everton to sign Barcelona starlet Gerard Deulofeu.
One of the stars of the ongoing Under-20 World Cup, Deulofeu will take part in Spain’s quarter-final with Turkey on Saturday, is now understood to be unsure which English club will better suit his development in the long term.
Both Barcelona and the player are keen for regular playing time at a high level in a side that plays the type of football that will suit Deulofeu’s game – both Everton and Tottenham fit the bill in this regard.
A number of big-name clubs have offered a loan deal but have asked for a purchase option at the end of the season, which Barcelona are unwilling to agree to.
Tottenham’s one advantage is Europa League football, but Deulofeu will probably find it harder to break into the Spurs first team, compared with Everton.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas is considered a good coach for young Barcelona players. Having given Oriol Romeu plenty of chances whilst at Chelsea and AVB was spotted watching the Barca B side just weeks after being sacked at Stamford Bridge.
Similarly, Roberto Martinez and his style of football which will be employed at Everton should also suit Deulofeu.
The final of the Under-20 World Cup takes place on July 13, 2013.
- Updated: July 4, 2013