Barcelona will still be able to sign keeper Ter Stegen, despite transfer ban [Bild]
- April 5, 2014
Barcelona were rocked by the news of a transfer embargo placed upon them this week, meaning they won’t be able to sign any players for the next two transfer windows.
But German paper Bild claim that Monchengladbach keeper Ter Stegen’s move should still go ahead in spite of it all, verbal agreements have been in place for some time now.
Bild back up their claim with the proof of a telephone conversation they maintain they had with Barcelona’s sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta, in which he told them not to worry about the ban, that it won’t affect Ter Stegen.
Ter Stegen’s agent Gerd vom Bruch told Bild: ”The decision of the Fifa does not affect the situation of Marc.
We remain completely relaxed. Marc will change in the summer. I am not a lawyer.
The question is whether contracts concluded are still valid or already covered by the transfer ban.”
If this materializes, it will be welcome consolation for Barcelona, who can hardly afford to wait a whole two windows to sign a goalkeeper…
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...