Barcelona will still be able to sign keeper Ter Stegen, despite transfer ban [Bild]
Barcelona were rocked by the news of a transfer embargo placed upon them this week, meaning they won’t be able to sign any players for the next two transfer windows.
But German paper Bild claim that Monchengladbach keeper Ter Stegen’s move should still go ahead in spite of it all, verbal agreements have been in place for some time now.
Bild back up their claim with the proof of a telephone conversation they maintain they had with Barcelona’s sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta, in which he told them not to worry about the ban, that it won’t affect Ter Stegen.
Ter Stegen’s agent Gerd vom Bruch told Bild: ”The decision of the Fifa does not affect the situation of Marc.
We remain completely relaxed. Marc will change in the summer. I am not a lawyer.
The question is whether contracts concluded are still valid or already covered by the transfer ban.”
If this materializes, it will be welcome consolation for Barcelona, who can hardly afford to wait a whole two windows to sign a goalkeeper…
Watch Live Stream
- Pep Guardiola’s decision to drop Sergio Aguero at Barça wasn’t purely tactical [Graham Hunter]October 21, 2016
- Barcelona striker Luis Suarez explains why he’ll never win the Ballon d’Or [ESPN]October 21, 2016
- The extraordinary numbers behind Neymar’s new Barcelona contract (Video)October 21, 2016
- Barcelona legend Eric Abidal says that Cristiano Ronaldo is a burden for Portugal [Grup 14]October 21, 2016
- Gladbach confirm they are missing big stars v CelticOctober 18, 2016
- Barcelona target a Chelsea defender who isn’t even on Antonio Conte’s radar [Sun]October 9, 2016
- Gladbach’s Thorgan Hazard talks about returning to Chelsea [HLN]October 1, 2016
- Neymar committed some horrendous dives against Borusssia Monchengladbach (Video)September 30, 2016