- Outrageous freestyle footballer Séan Garnier talks about embarrassing Neymar [Video]
- Team Sheets: Arsenal v Borussia Dortmund
- Team Sheets: Ludogorets v Liverpool
- Manchester United left-back Luke Shaw set to miss two weeks with ankle injury
- Roma players hit up a Moscow strip club after CSKA draw, press get threats about printing pics
Barcelona will still be able to sign keeper Ter Stegen, despite transfer ban [Bild]
Barcelona were rocked by the news of a transfer embargo placed upon them this week, meaning they won’t be able to sign any players for the next two transfer windows.
But German paper Bild claim that Monchengladbach keeper Ter Stegen’s move should still go ahead in spite of it all, verbal agreements have been in place for some time now.
Bild back up their claim with the proof of a telephone conversation they maintain they had with Barcelona’s sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta, in which he told them not to worry about the ban, that it won’t affect Ter Stegen.
Ter Stegen’s agent Gerd vom Bruch told Bild: ”The decision of the Fifa does not affect the situation of Marc.
We remain completely relaxed. Marc will change in the summer. I am not a lawyer.
The question is whether contracts concluded are still valid or already covered by the transfer ban.”
If this materializes, it will be welcome consolation for Barcelona, who can hardly afford to wait a whole two windows to sign a goalkeeper…
- Updated: April 5, 2014