Barcelona will still be able to sign keeper Ter Stegen, despite transfer ban [Bild]
- April 5, 2014
Barcelona were rocked by the news of a transfer embargo placed upon them this week, meaning they won’t be able to sign any players for the next two transfer windows.
But German paper Bild claim that Monchengladbach keeper Ter Stegen’s move should still go ahead in spite of it all, verbal agreements have been in place for some time now.
Bild back up their claim with the proof of a telephone conversation they maintain they had with Barcelona’s sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta, in which he told them not to worry about the ban, that it won’t affect Ter Stegen.
Ter Stegen’s agent Gerd vom Bruch told Bild: ”The decision of the Fifa does not affect the situation of Marc.
We remain completely relaxed. Marc will change in the summer. I am not a lawyer.
The question is whether contracts concluded are still valid or already covered by the transfer ban.”
If this materializes, it will be welcome consolation for Barcelona, who can hardly afford to wait a whole two windows to sign a goalkeeper…
- Louis Van Gaal offers Barcelona’s Pedro starring role in terrifying front three f...
- Barcelona want to hang on to Man United bound Pedro until European Super Cup
- Watch Thomas Vermaelen’s superb all-or-nothing tackle in Barcelona’s defeat...
- Pep Guardiola backs Pedro to be a success at Man United, says he can play in any team i...
- Man United have offered Barcelona €27m for Pedro [Sport]
- Barcelona’s Adama Traore en route to England for Liverpool medical [SPORT]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi