Barcelona will still be able to sign keeper Ter Stegen, despite transfer ban [Bild]
Barcelona were rocked by the news of a transfer embargo placed upon them this week, meaning they won’t be able to sign any players for the next two transfer windows.
But German paper Bild claim that Monchengladbach keeper Ter Stegen’s move should still go ahead in spite of it all, verbal agreements have been in place for some time now.
Bild back up their claim with the proof of a telephone conversation they maintain they had with Barcelona’s sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta, in which he told them not to worry about the ban, that it won’t affect Ter Stegen.
Ter Stegen’s agent Gerd vom Bruch told Bild: ”The decision of the Fifa does not affect the situation of Marc.
We remain completely relaxed. Marc will change in the summer. I am not a lawyer.
The question is whether contracts concluded are still valid or already covered by the transfer ban.”
If this materializes, it will be welcome consolation for Barcelona, who can hardly afford to wait a whole two windows to sign a goalkeeper…
Watch Live Stream
- Barca legend Xavi talks about Cristiano Ronaldo’s financial problems [Rac1]December 5, 2016
- Fouling Neymar: The 442oons Barcelona 1 – Real Madrid 1 movie trailer (video)December 5, 2016
- Leaked: Barcelona’s new kits for 2017-18December 5, 2016
- Sergio Ramos’ hero’s welcome from the Real Madrid dressing room after El Clasico (Video)December 4, 2016
- Ball Boy vs Bundesliga stars including Lewandowski and Ribery (Video)November 21, 2016
- Liverpool’s endless efforts to sign Mahmoud Dahoud may fail as Dortmund enter the mix [Bild]November 14, 2016
- Thorgan Hazard questions Chelsea’s handling of youngsters [Nieuwsblad]November 13, 2016
- Chelsea’s January priority is to re-sign midfielder they let go last year.November 2, 2016