Barcelona set to sign Thomas Vermaelen after agreeing £15m deal with Arsenal [BBC]
- August 8, 2014
Barcelona are about to sign Thomas Vermaelen after agreeing a £15 million deal with Arsenal, according to the BBC.
The defender was the subject of bids from both Barcelona and Manchester United but the latter pulled out of the deal earlier today after negotiations broke down with Arsenal.
Arsenal apparently wanted Chris Smalling as well as cash from United but this was refused and the deal broke down.
Now Vermaelen has to agree personal terms and pass a medical with Barcelona.
The Belgian defender joined Arsenal in 2009 in a £10m transfer from Ajax, going on to to make 150 appearances and score 15 goals.
- Off to Arsenal? Real Madrid fly to Shanghai, Karim Benzema references the “past...
- Watch Jeff Reine-Adelaide’s clever scooped pass at Arsenal’s members day (O...
- Chuba Akpom wants to fight for a place at Arsenal rather than being loaned out (Video)
- Ex-Arsenal man Andrey Arshavin laughs like a wierdo in Hulk’s latest viral video
- Arsenal v Chelsea: Watch a Live Stream of the Community Shield (available UK)
- Alexis Sanchez’s slow motion beach training videos are crying out for an ’8...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi