- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Barcelona set to offer Alex Song to Chelsea in David Luiz negotiations [Telegraph]
According to The Telegraph, Barcelona are set to offer Alex Song to Chelsea in their bid to sign David Luiz.
The Catalans have been keen on signing Luiz for some time and would like to offload Song in the process.
This mightn’t necessarily suit Chelsea however, as Jose Mourinho was apparently planning on auctioning off the Brazilian to comply with Financial Fair Play and raise transfer funds.
Song hasn’t settled in at Barcelona since moving there from Arsenal in 2012 and the club are apparently so set on pushing the midfielder out that they’ve offered him to a number of clubs, including Manchester United and Liverpool.
Liverpool are eyeing up a more attacking player, apparently. The same paper says that Brendan Rodgers is looking to sign Chelsea’s Thorgan Hazard, younger brother of Eden, after a breakthrough season in Belgium.
- Updated: May 16, 2014