Barcelona set to offer Alex Song to Chelsea in David Luiz negotiations [Telegraph]
- May 16, 2014
According to The Telegraph, Barcelona are set to offer Alex Song to Chelsea in their bid to sign David Luiz.
The Catalans have been keen on signing Luiz for some time and would like to offload Song in the process.
This mightn’t necessarily suit Chelsea however, as Jose Mourinho was apparently planning on auctioning off the Brazilian to comply with Financial Fair Play and raise transfer funds.
Song hasn’t settled in at Barcelona since moving there from Arsenal in 2012 and the club are apparently so set on pushing the midfielder out that they’ve offered him to a number of clubs, including Manchester United and Liverpool.
Liverpool are eyeing up a more attacking player, apparently. The same paper says that Brendan Rodgers is looking to sign Chelsea’s Thorgan Hazard, younger brother of Eden, after a breakthrough season in Belgium.
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- West Ham are ‘very close’ to signing Alex Song and Arsenal’s Carl Jen...
- Chelsea hold talks with ex-Arsenal midfielder Alex Song [Telegraph]
- Ex West Ham man Alex Song (Barcelona) posts pictures in ridiculous light-up shows [Inst...
- Alejandro Grimaldo hits out at Luis Enrique for neglecting Barcelona B team (Quotes)
- The next generation of Leo Messi: Barcelona’s Masia-academy’s top 5 weekend...
- Barcelona’s kids scored another set of magical goals last week (Video)
- Barcelona also want Liverpool target Pierre Emerick Aubameyang [El Mundo Deportivo]