Barcelona set to offer Alex Song to Chelsea in David Luiz negotiations [Telegraph]
- May 16, 2014
According to The Telegraph, Barcelona are set to offer Alex Song to Chelsea in their bid to sign David Luiz.
The Catalans have been keen on signing Luiz for some time and would like to offload Song in the process.
This mightn’t necessarily suit Chelsea however, as Jose Mourinho was apparently planning on auctioning off the Brazilian to comply with Financial Fair Play and raise transfer funds.
Song hasn’t settled in at Barcelona since moving there from Arsenal in 2012 and the club are apparently so set on pushing the midfielder out that they’ve offered him to a number of clubs, including Manchester United and Liverpool.
Liverpool are eyeing up a more attacking player, apparently. The same paper says that Brendan Rodgers is looking to sign Chelsea’s Thorgan Hazard, younger brother of Eden, after a breakthrough season in Belgium.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...