Barcelona set to bid €28m for Roma defender Marquinhos [Gazzetta dello Sport]
- June 27, 2013
Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport claim today that Barcelona will finally lodge their bid for a defender next week and it will be for Roma’s Marquinhos.
The 19-year-old has impressed in just one season in Serie A after joining from Corinthians and Barcelona will offer anywhere between 25-28 million euros next week.
Barcelona have been linked with a whole host of central defenders as they look to back up Carles Puyol and Gerard Pique.
Number one choice Thiago Silva is considered too expensive whilst the likes of David Luiz, Daniel Agger and Laurent Koscielny are unlikely to come.
Marquinhos is also just starting his career and very comfortable on the ball which should aid his settling in period at the Nou Camp if he leaves Serie A.
Roma signed Marquinhos for a paltry 4.5 million euros but are understood to be holding out for between 35-40 million euros.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...