- 30 Metre Golazo! David Cabrera (Pumas) hits Thunder- bastard v Monterrey [Video]
- Raphael Honigstein banter Arsenal’s Mathieu Flamini for throwing away 3-goal lead on BT Sport [Video]
- Piers Morgan tells Ian Wright it’s time for Arsenal to ‘divorce’ Arsene Wenger [Audio]
- Brendan Rodgers responds to Jamie Carragher’s charge that Liverpool are ‘mentally weak’ [Video]
- ‘You have to get results’: Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers admits he’s fighting for his job [Video]
Barcelona set to bid €28m for Roma defender Marquinhos [Gazzetta dello Sport]
Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport claim today that Barcelona will finally lodge their bid for a defender next week and it will be for Roma’s Marquinhos.
The 19-year-old has impressed in just one season in Serie A after joining from Corinthians and Barcelona will offer anywhere between 25-28 million euros next week.
Barcelona have been linked with a whole host of central defenders as they look to back up Carles Puyol and Gerard Pique.
Number one choice Thiago Silva is considered too expensive whilst the likes of David Luiz, Daniel Agger and Laurent Koscielny are unlikely to come.
Marquinhos is also just starting his career and very comfortable on the ball which should aid his settling in period at the Nou Camp if he leaves Serie A.
Roma signed Marquinhos for a paltry 4.5 million euros but are understood to be holding out for between 35-40 million euros.
- Updated: June 27, 2013