Barcelona send executive to sign Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen, Man United still keen [El Mundo Deportivo]
- August 7, 2014
The chase for Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen is hotting up and El Mundo Deportivo suggest on Thursday that the whereabouts of the Belgian’s next club will be decided in the coming days.
Barcelona appear to have given up on their attempts to sign PSG central defender Marquinhos and have sent one of their top executives Raul Sanllehí to London to close a deal for Vermaelen.
The Catalans have submitted an offer of 10 million pounds for Vermaelen (around 12.5 million euros) which is around the fee Arsenal are likely to receive.
Vermaelen is out of contract in 2015 and has refused to sign a new deal at the Emirates.
El Mundo suggest Barcelona are “well placed” to sign Vermaelen but Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal remains keen on the former Ajax defender.
They even claim that Manchester United will aim to outbid Barcelona by offering Arsenal 15 million pounds (19 million euros).
- New Petr Cech interview: On Mourinho, why he joined Arsenal & abuse from Chelsea f...
- Gunners fans wish Abou Diaby farewell as he is officially released by Arsenal [Tweets]
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez produces really classy gesture at Chile training [video]
- Behind the scenes on Petr Cech’s first day at Arsenal [video]
- Chelsea fans enjoy new interview where Petr Cech jokes about Arsenal [video]
- Arturo Vidal’s agent reveals there has been no contact with Arsenal [Di Marzio]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi