Barcelona send executive to sign Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen, Man United still keen [El Mundo Deportivo]
The chase for Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen is hotting up and El Mundo Deportivo suggest on Thursday that the whereabouts of the Belgian’s next club will be decided in the coming days.
Barcelona appear to have given up on their attempts to sign PSG central defender Marquinhos and have sent one of their top executives Raul Sanllehí to London to close a deal for Vermaelen.
The Catalans have submitted an offer of 10 million pounds for Vermaelen (around 12.5 million euros) which is around the fee Arsenal are likely to receive.
Vermaelen is out of contract in 2015 and has refused to sign a new deal at the Emirates.
El Mundo suggest Barcelona are “well placed” to sign Vermaelen but Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal remains keen on the former Ajax defender.
They even claim that Manchester United will aim to outbid Barcelona by offering Arsenal 15 million pounds (19 million euros).
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez scores again, for Chile in 2-0 win over Brazil (official...
- The Premier League team of the season so far
- EPL Wacky Races: Arsenal shoot down Man United, the end for Brendan Rodgers & Dick...
- Arsenal loanee Wellington Silva wears a GoPro on his head, records Bolton training (Video)
- Leo Messi sends cryptic message to the Spanish Tax Man on Instagram
- Ronaldo romps and Messi watch complaints feature in new book of Barcelona anecdotes
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi will be tried in Spain for tax fraud, could spend 22 months...
- Man United & Barcelona send scouts to watch one of the hottest stars in Belgium [H...
- Anderson gets nostalgic for Manchester United days with several Instagram posts
- Pierluigi Collina offers his expert opinion on tackle that broke Luke Shaw’s leg
- Man United’s Anthony Martial bagged an assist in France win v Armenia (video)
- Man United flyer Antonio Valencia pulled off a quality rapid assist v Argentina (offici...