Barcelona send executive to sign Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen, Man United still keen [El Mundo Deportivo]
- August 7, 2014
The chase for Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen is hotting up and El Mundo Deportivo suggest on Thursday that the whereabouts of the Belgian’s next club will be decided in the coming days.
Barcelona appear to have given up on their attempts to sign PSG central defender Marquinhos and have sent one of their top executives Raul Sanllehí to London to close a deal for Vermaelen.
The Catalans have submitted an offer of 10 million pounds for Vermaelen (around 12.5 million euros) which is around the fee Arsenal are likely to receive.
Vermaelen is out of contract in 2015 and has refused to sign a new deal at the Emirates.
El Mundo suggest Barcelona are “well placed” to sign Vermaelen but Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal remains keen on the former Ajax defender.
They even claim that Manchester United will aim to outbid Barcelona by offering Arsenal 15 million pounds (19 million euros).
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem bags lovely through ball assist on Rangers league debut (...
- ‘It’s not worth celebrating’ Arsenal fans’ bizarre reaction aft...
- Arsenal fans react to claims Riyad Mahrez could move from Leicester (Tweets)
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Arsene Wenger post Newcastle 0 – Arsenal 1: We will turn it round at home (video)
- ITK Arsenal fan reckons Wenger has Edinson Cavani up his sleeve for Deadline Day (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...