- Mario Balotelli pulls off back skill and bicycle kick during Liverpool head tennis [Video]
- Rumours abound that Falcao will start for Man United against Chelsea [Tweets]
- Thibaut Courtois has achieved a lot in his career since his debut six years ago
- This graphic shows Louis van Gaal’s stunning influence over top level European football
- Louis van Gaal says that both Jose Mourinho and him live to win titles [Video]
Barcelona send executive to sign Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen, Man United still keen [El Mundo Deportivo]
- August 7, 2014
The chase for Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen is hotting up and El Mundo Deportivo suggest on Thursday that the whereabouts of the Belgian’s next club will be decided in the coming days.
Barcelona appear to have given up on their attempts to sign PSG central defender Marquinhos and have sent one of their top executives Raul Sanllehí to London to close a deal for Vermaelen.
The Catalans have submitted an offer of 10 million pounds for Vermaelen (around 12.5 million euros) which is around the fee Arsenal are likely to receive.
Vermaelen is out of contract in 2015 and has refused to sign a new deal at the Emirates.
El Mundo suggest Barcelona are “well placed” to sign Vermaelen but Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal remains keen on the former Ajax defender.
They even claim that Manchester United will aim to outbid Barcelona by offering Arsenal 15 million pounds (19 million euros).