Barcelona & Real Madrid chasing Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero [Star on Sunday + Sport.es]
- November 17, 2013
After a stellar start to 2013/2014, where he has been banging in the goals for Manchester City, Sergio Aguero is linked with both Barcelona and Real Madrid in Sunday’s papers.
The Daily Star Sunday leads with two Manchester City strikers on their back page today, linking Sergio Aguero with Real Madrid and Edin Dzeko with Borussia Dortmund.
Whether Real Madrid need Aguero, with Carlo Ancelotti’s side currently boasting a front three of Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema is questionable, yet it is fair to say that the Argentine striker would improve any team in the world.
Over in Spain, Sport.es link Barcelona with a move for Aguero, suggesting Gerardo Martino has demanded the club buy a striker next summer as they look for a “Plan B” up front.
The two main candidates are listed as Robert Lewandowski and Aguero with the Pole all but certainly signed for Bayern Munich when his contract expires at the end of the season.
Sport also admit that Barcelona would have to compete with Real Madrid to sign Aguero, but feel they may have the upper hand as he is good friends with Lionel Messi and Javier Mascherano.
Aguero was a success at Atletico Madrid and has already scored 14 goals in 16 official matches this season.
The major question would be: Can either Real Madrid or Barcelona come up with a figure to tempt super rich Manchester City to sell their star man?!
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...