- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Barcelona planning to bring in Man United striker Robin van Persie in January window [Sport]
Manchester United striker Robin van Persie finds himself on the front of Catalan daily Sport today as rumours continue to swirl about his future.
There have been plenty of suggestions recently that van Persie is unhappy at Old Trafford under new Manchester United boss David Moyes and this is played up by Sport.
BBC pundit Mark Lawrenson even went so far as to suggest that Robin van Persie had handed in a transfer request, which was rubbished by David Moyes after Manchester United’s 1-0 defeat to Newcastle.
Sport report that Barcelona are looking to bring in a striker in January, to support the likes of Lionel Messi, Pedro, Alexis Sanchez and Neymar.
Barcelona are keen to bring in a natural hitman and if they receive any hint RVP is keen to leave will make their move in the coming weeks.
The Catalan paper build up van Persie as Tata Martino’s Henrik Larsson – an older striker who could be a crucial member of the Barcelona squad – as the Swedish striker was between 2004 to 2006.
It would be a major surprise if Robin van Persie were to leave Manchester United – surely David Moyes is not in a position to let his star striker depart!
- Updated: December 8, 2013