Barcelona planning to bring in Man United striker Robin van Persie in January window [Sport]
Manchester United striker Robin van Persie finds himself on the front of Catalan daily Sport today as rumours continue to swirl about his future.
There have been plenty of suggestions recently that van Persie is unhappy at Old Trafford under new Manchester United boss David Moyes and this is played up by Sport.
BBC pundit Mark Lawrenson even went so far as to suggest that Robin van Persie had handed in a transfer request, which was rubbished by David Moyes after Manchester United’s 1-0 defeat to Newcastle.
Sport report that Barcelona are looking to bring in a striker in January, to support the likes of Lionel Messi, Pedro, Alexis Sanchez and Neymar.
Barcelona are keen to bring in a natural hitman and if they receive any hint RVP is keen to leave will make their move in the coming weeks.
The Catalan paper build up van Persie as Tata Martino’s Henrik Larsson – an older striker who could be a crucial member of the Barcelona squad – as the Swedish striker was between 2004 to 2006.
It would be a major surprise if Robin van Persie were to leave Manchester United – surely David Moyes is not in a position to let his star striker depart!
- Memphis Depay admits he’s struggling with the physical side of the Premier League...
- David Beckham backs Man United striker Wayne Rooney to prove critics wrong
- Man United’s Morgan Schneiderlin scores a cracking volley at France training (video)
- Man United playmaker Juan Mata plays FIFA 16 v Spencer FC (video)
- Arjen Robben is considering legal action against Fenerbache because of this advert (Video)
- After being dumped by Man United, Robin van Persie speaks out about being benched by Fe...
- Ex Man United striker Robin Van Persie scores winner for Fenerbahce v Bursaspor (video)
- Robin van Persie loses Dutch captaincy, Arjen Robben takes over the Oranje armband