- Neymar gave fans his entire football kit, leaving him standing in his boxers! [Video]
- Brilliant! Robinho pretends to be injured so that Neymar can drive cart around the pitch [Video]
- Angel Di Maria is asking Louis van Gaal to bring Nicolas Gaitan to Manchester United [Express]
- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
- Neymar pulls off ridiculously cheeky sombrero flick over opponent [Video]
Barcelona open negotiations with Liverpool over the transfer of Luis Suarez [Mundo Deportivo]
Mundo Deportivo, the Spanish paper who have been championing rumours that Barcelona are going to Liverpool’s Luis Suarez this summer, have reported on Tuesday that talks between the clubs have begun.
The story promulgated by MD is that whilst the clubs are still to agree terms over the transfer, the underlying feeling is that the deal will be done as the Uruguayan forward is committed to playing at Barcelona next season.
Nevertheless, MD do insert some caveats into their latest Suarez update.
Principally, rather the voicing belief that Liverpool could retain their #7, the major obstacle for Barcelona in getting the deal done is said to be Real Madrid.
Suarez is high on the wishlist at the Santiago Bernabeu, and after Barca won the race to sign Neymar last summer, belief is that Real will fight tooth and nail to steal Suarez from under the Catalan’s noses.
MD also report that claims that Barca fixer Raul Sanllehí has met with Liverpool’s managing director Ian Arye are off base. No meeting between the two men is said to have happened. Yet.
A copy of the story in Mundo Deportivo is below.
- Updated: June 24, 2014