Barcelona open negotiations with Liverpool over the transfer of Luis Suarez [Mundo Deportivo]
- June 24, 2014
Mundo Deportivo, the Spanish paper who have been championing rumours that Barcelona are going to Liverpool’s Luis Suarez this summer, have reported on Tuesday that talks between the clubs have begun.
The story promulgated by MD is that whilst the clubs are still to agree terms over the transfer, the underlying feeling is that the deal will be done as the Uruguayan forward is committed to playing at Barcelona next season.
Nevertheless, MD do insert some caveats into their latest Suarez update.
Principally, rather the voicing belief that Liverpool could retain their #7, the major obstacle for Barcelona in getting the deal done is said to be Real Madrid.
Suarez is high on the wishlist at the Santiago Bernabeu, and after Barca won the race to sign Neymar last summer, belief is that Real will fight tooth and nail to steal Suarez from under the Catalan’s noses.
MD also report that claims that Barca fixer Raul Sanllehí has met with Liverpool’s managing director Ian Arye are off base. No meeting between the two men is said to have happened. Yet.
A copy of the story in Mundo Deportivo is below.
- Pep Guardiola backs Pedro to be a success at Man United, says he can play in any team i...
- Man United have offered Barcelona €27m for Pedro [Sport]
- Barcelona’s Adama Traore en route to England for Liverpool medical [SPORT]
- Man United’s Ed Woodward to travel to Barcelona tomorrow to complete €30m Pedro d...
- Fiorentina 2 – Barcelona 1: Federico Bernardeschi was at the double as Barca lose...
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez scores from Ivan Rakitic’s lovely assist v Fiorenti...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi