Barcelona open negotiations with Liverpool over the transfer of Luis Suarez [Mundo Deportivo]
- June 24, 2014
Mundo Deportivo, the Spanish paper who have been championing rumours that Barcelona are going to Liverpool’s Luis Suarez this summer, have reported on Tuesday that talks between the clubs have begun.
The story promulgated by MD is that whilst the clubs are still to agree terms over the transfer, the underlying feeling is that the deal will be done as the Uruguayan forward is committed to playing at Barcelona next season.
Nevertheless, MD do insert some caveats into their latest Suarez update.
Principally, rather the voicing belief that Liverpool could retain their #7, the major obstacle for Barcelona in getting the deal done is said to be Real Madrid.
Suarez is high on the wishlist at the Santiago Bernabeu, and after Barca won the race to sign Neymar last summer, belief is that Real will fight tooth and nail to steal Suarez from under the Catalan’s noses.
MD also report that claims that Barca fixer Raul Sanllehí has met with Liverpool’s managing director Ian Arye are off base. No meeting between the two men is said to have happened. Yet.
A copy of the story in Mundo Deportivo is below.
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Gerard Pique & Neymar play Poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez stars as Office Guy in brilliant Abitab advert (Video)
- Messi lets slip a cheeky smile during Cristiano Ronaldo’s speech at UEFA awards (...
- Lionel Messi credits his teammates for enabling him to use his individual talents (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...