Barcelona open Luis Suarez talks with bid of more than £70 million [The Guardian]
- July 2, 2014
As we’ve said before, the only thing in doubt surrounding Luis Suarez’s move to Barcelona is how much he’ll go for and the Guardian reckon it will be more than £70 million.
Some sources have claimed that Liverpool don’t want Alexis Sanchez as part of the deal, preferring the valuation to be met entirely in cash. But the Guardian say that if Sanchez were open to a move then Liverpool would be willing to acquire the Chilean as part of the deal.
Although many thought that Barcelona would use the Suarez biting incident as leverage in the deal, the Guardian claim that they opened the bidding at more than £70 million.
The clubs’ officials met in London to iron out a deal and came away from talks with no deal agreed but with an understanding that an agreement would be reached soon. Liverpool are still holding out for a fee in excess of £80 million.
- Gerard Pique explains how he learned how to become a prankster at Manchester United
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...