Barcelona open Luis Suarez talks with bid of more than £70 million [The Guardian]
- July 2, 2014
As we’ve said before, the only thing in doubt surrounding Luis Suarez’s move to Barcelona is how much he’ll go for and the Guardian reckon it will be more than £70 million.
Some sources have claimed that Liverpool don’t want Alexis Sanchez as part of the deal, preferring the valuation to be met entirely in cash. But the Guardian say that if Sanchez were open to a move then Liverpool would be willing to acquire the Chilean as part of the deal.
Although many thought that Barcelona would use the Suarez biting incident as leverage in the deal, the Guardian claim that they opened the bidding at more than £70 million.
The clubs’ officials met in London to iron out a deal and came away from talks with no deal agreed but with an understanding that an agreement would be reached soon. Liverpool are still holding out for a fee in excess of £80 million.
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi will be tried in Spain for tax fraud, could spend 22 months...
- Man United & Barcelona send scouts to watch one of the hottest stars in Belgium [H...
- Philippe Coutinho’s agent Kia Joorabchian says his client is staying at Liverpool...
- Pep Guardiola has agreed to take over at Man City next season [El Mundo Deportivo]
- Kyriakos Papadopoulos mocked Luis Suarez for being a biter during Barca’s win v L...
- Luis Suarez jokingly tries to slap Sergi Roberto in Barcelona training (Video)
- Injured Leo Messi gets a ride to Barcelona training from neighbour Luis Suarez (Video)
- Luis Suarez bags a brace as Barcelona beat Las Palmas 2-1 (official video)