- Amateur player in Peru tries backheel penalty, gets it spectacularly wrong!
- James Milner as the False 9: Manchester City v Crystal Palace [Team Sheets]
- Jason Byrne & Jamie Carragher have epic 7-minute staring contest on Soccer AM [Video]
- Alexis Sanchez uploads childhood photo, sparks debate among Chileans that he’s a fan of La U
- Better Late Than Never! Barça’s Neymar wishes Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez a Happy Birthday
Barcelona open Luis Suarez talks with bid of more than £70 million [The Guardian]
As we’ve said before, the only thing in doubt surrounding Luis Suarez’s move to Barcelona is how much he’ll go for and the Guardian reckon it will be more than £70 million.
Some sources have claimed that Liverpool don’t want Alexis Sanchez as part of the deal, preferring the valuation to be met entirely in cash. But the Guardian say that if Sanchez were open to a move then Liverpool would be willing to acquire the Chilean as part of the deal.
Although many thought that Barcelona would use the Suarez biting incident as leverage in the deal, the Guardian claim that they opened the bidding at more than £70 million.
The clubs’ officials met in London to iron out a deal and came away from talks with no deal agreed but with an understanding that an agreement would be reached soon. Liverpool are still holding out for a fee in excess of £80 million.
- Updated: July 2, 2014