Barcelona open Luis Suarez talks with bid of more than £70 million [The Guardian]
- July 2, 2014
As we’ve said before, the only thing in doubt surrounding Luis Suarez’s move to Barcelona is how much he’ll go for and the Guardian reckon it will be more than £70 million.
Some sources have claimed that Liverpool don’t want Alexis Sanchez as part of the deal, preferring the valuation to be met entirely in cash. But the Guardian say that if Sanchez were open to a move then Liverpool would be willing to acquire the Chilean as part of the deal.
Although many thought that Barcelona would use the Suarez biting incident as leverage in the deal, the Guardian claim that they opened the bidding at more than £70 million.
The clubs’ officials met in London to iron out a deal and came away from talks with no deal agreed but with an understanding that an agreement would be reached soon. Liverpool are still holding out for a fee in excess of £80 million.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...