Barcelona open Luis Suarez talks with bid of more than £70 million [The Guardian]
- July 2, 2014
As we’ve said before, the only thing in doubt surrounding Luis Suarez’s move to Barcelona is how much he’ll go for and the Guardian reckon it will be more than £70 million.
Some sources have claimed that Liverpool don’t want Alexis Sanchez as part of the deal, preferring the valuation to be met entirely in cash. But the Guardian say that if Sanchez were open to a move then Liverpool would be willing to acquire the Chilean as part of the deal.
Although many thought that Barcelona would use the Suarez biting incident as leverage in the deal, the Guardian claim that they opened the bidding at more than £70 million.
The clubs’ officials met in London to iron out a deal and came away from talks with no deal agreed but with an understanding that an agreement would be reached soon. Liverpool are still holding out for a fee in excess of £80 million.
- Chelsea target Arda Turan expects to sign for Barcelona on Friday [Mundo Deportivo]
- Sport detail the Chelsea & Man City offers for Paul Pogba
- President of Turkish club Antalyaspor says Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto’o are signin...
- Barcelona’s Andres Iniesta plays golf & does keepy uppies with Justin Rose [...
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi helped save the life of Argentine man kidnapped in Nigeria
- Sell-out: Barcelona legend Xavi backs Qatar to host a successful World Cup in 2022
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi