Barcelona & Man United are battling for Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen [Mundo Deportivo]
- July 25, 2014
The front page of Spanish paper Mundo Deportivo sets up a tug of war between FC Barcelona and Manchester United for Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen.
According to the report, Barcelona are now scrambling around to find defensive cover this summer after the Catalans were shut down by PSG in their pursuit of their centre-back Marquinhos.
With the Parisians unwilling to consider selling Barca’s number one target, Luis Enrique is now looking elsewhere for a defender, and now Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen is said to be the target of his desire.
Of course, throughout the summer the Belgian has also been linked to Manchester United, yet no offer from Old Trafford has yet been made.
The Gunners player is set to cost €15-20 million.
See the splash of Mundo Deportivo on Friday below.
- West Ham owner David Gold confirms interest in signing Arsenal’s Carl Jenkinson [...
- Petr Cech insists that a collective effort will bring success to Arsenal [Video]
- Petr Cech explains what Arsenal are missing [video]
- Arsenal’s Petr Cech wants to play until he’s 40, bashes Chelsea Twitter tro...
- West Ham are ‘very close’ to signing Alex Song and Arsenal’s Carl Jen...
- New Petr Cech interview: On Mourinho, why he joined Arsenal & abuse from Chelsea f...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi