- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Barcelona & Man United are battling for Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen [Mundo Deportivo]
The front page of Spanish paper Mundo Deportivo sets up a tug of war between FC Barcelona and Manchester United for Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen.
According to the report, Barcelona are now scrambling around to find defensive cover this summer after the Catalans were shut down by PSG in their pursuit of their centre-back Marquinhos.
With the Parisians unwilling to consider selling Barca’s number one target, Luis Enrique is now looking elsewhere for a defender, and now Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen is said to be the target of his desire.
Of course, throughout the summer the Belgian has also been linked to Manchester United, yet no offer from Old Trafford has yet been made.
The Gunners player is set to cost €15-20 million.
See the splash of Mundo Deportivo on Friday below.
- Updated: July 25, 2014