- AC Milan open negotiations with Atletico Madrid hoping to swap Fernando Torres for Alessio Cerci [Guardian]
- Funny! James Milner plays up to his boring reputation as Man City legend Chappy visits [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a lorry
- Priceless! Kids are amazed when Iker Casillas competes against them for goalkeeping position! [Video]
- Juventus ultras talk about why they feel the need to get club tattoos [Copa 90 Video]
Barcelona & Man United are battling for Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen [Mundo Deportivo]
The front page of Spanish paper Mundo Deportivo sets up a tug of war between FC Barcelona and Manchester United for Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen.
According to the report, Barcelona are now scrambling around to find defensive cover this summer after the Catalans were shut down by PSG in their pursuit of their centre-back Marquinhos.
With the Parisians unwilling to consider selling Barca’s number one target, Luis Enrique is now looking elsewhere for a defender, and now Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen is said to be the target of his desire.
Of course, throughout the summer the Belgian has also been linked to Manchester United, yet no offer from Old Trafford has yet been made.
The Gunners player is set to cost €15-20 million.
See the splash of Mundo Deportivo on Friday below.
- Updated: July 25, 2014