- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus is fined €540,000 for driving without a licence [Bild]
- Real Sociedad 2 – Real Oviedo 0: Finnbogason stars for David Moyes’ men [Highlights]
- Jokes! Wealdstone Raider releases “You’ve Got No Fans”; All proceeds go to charity [Video]
- 10 Liverpool outfield players produced 52 passes for Raheem Sterling’s opener v Bournemouth [Video]
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard is top of the Man City minutes per goal/assist chart [Graphic]
Barcelona make their 1st move for Juan Cuadrado, seems that Arsenal & Man United’s interest fades [Sport]
For the second day running, Sport, the Barcelona-based Spanish daily, have plastered a picture of Fiorentina and Colombia winger Juan Cuadrado on their front page of their paper.
On Monday it was reported that Cuadrado was at the apple of the eye of several of Europe’s leading clubs including Barcelona, Arsenal and Manchester United.
In that regard, Arsenal were said to have had a €25m bid for the winger already rebuffed by the Viola, as the club look to get €35m for their in-demand star.
As for Man United, far fewer specifics were revealed about the supposed interest from Old Trafford, leaving many to get the impression that the Red Devils had been name-dropped into the story as something of an afterthought.
Twenty-four hours later, and Barcelona are said to have stolen a march on their Premier League rivals for the right winger, with Arsenal and Man United now nowhere to be seen in the paper columns concerning Cuadrado.
Instead, Sport report that Cuadrado’s agent, Alessandro Lucci, met with Fiorentina yesterday to confirm that his client wants to leave the club. Fiorentina are said to have sanctioned the player’s departure provided they receive at least €40m for their star. Barcelona are currently said to be offering only a €30m bid.
For what it’s worth, Sport again note that Cuadrado is desperate to move to the Camp Nou, while the Blaugrana are also keen to get the deal over the line.
What. This. Space.
- Updated: July 8, 2014