- Bolton boss Neil Lennon explains signing Emile Heskey, may play on Boxing Day v Blackburn [Audio]
- Union Berlin hosts 27,500 fans singing Christmas carols in their stadium [Video]
- Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola appointed manager of Serie A side Cagliari
- Catania have three men sent off in three minutes in a 3-2 defeat to Cittadella [Video]
- Queretaro’s AWOL Ronaldinho turns up on Instagram celebrating a family Christmas [Picture]
Barcelona make contact with Arsenal over signing Laurent Koscielny [Sport]
Catalan paper Sport have claimed this Saturday evening that Barcelona have contacted Arsenal over the signing of Laurent Koscielny.
Barcelona are keen to bring in a central defender this summer and Laurent Koscielny fits the bill of a central defender that is good on the ball and commanding in the air.
Koscielny has scored the goal that has taken Arsenal to the Champions League on consecutive seasons and is a fans favourite at the Emirates.
It would also be a huge surprise if Arsene Wenger would allow another big name sale to Barcelona after the high profile departures of Thierry Henry and Cesc Fabregas to the Nou Camp.
Tito Vilanova is keen on signing Koscielny and Sport add that Barcelona could secure the French central defender for 15 million euros.
Crucially, and we are likely to hear of this in the coming days, Sport claim Laurent Koscielny is keen on a “change of scenery” after three seasons at Arsenal.
Barca have been linked with Thiago Silva, Vincent Kompany and David Luiz but all three are now considered too expensive. Besides Koscielny, Jérémy Mathieu is considered Barcelona’s most likely option to reinforce their defence this summer.
- Updated: June 15, 2013