Barcelona hoping Cesc Fabregas publicly rejects Man United move [El Mundo Deportivo]
- August 4, 2013
Cesc Fabregas continues to be linked with Manchester United in both the Spanish press and English media on Sunday.
However, both the main Catalan papers (El Mundo Deportivo and Sport) believe Fabregas will stay at the Nou Camp and reject the advances of Manchester United.
With Manchester United reportedly on the verge of a third and final bid for Fabregas (for 40 million euros), new Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino said the decision is up to Fabregas himself on Friday.
Tata Martino: “I would prefer him to stay with us and I dare say he will, but it’s his decision. He is one of the best players in the squad. I think he will stay. But there’s a part that he has to decide. Cesc will decide the situation, but it has not occurred to me that I won’t be able to count on him.”
Fabregas, according to El Mundo Deportivo, has told the Barcelona hierarchy that he does not want to leave but the Spanish champions are waiting for Cesc to publicly reject the advances of Manchester United, either in a press conference or through his social media channels.
There are suggestions that Fabregas will wait to see if he is part of the starting line-up for the Spanish Super Cup matches with Atletico Madrid before the end of the transfer window, before making a public declaration.
Sport add that Fabregas has travelled to Israel over the weekend to show Barcelona he is completely committed. And does not want to declare his allegiance as he feels this would have to be done with every transfer rumour in the future.
- Barcelona’s Adama Traore en route to England for Liverpool medical [SPORT]
- Man United’s Ed Woodward to travel to Barcelona tomorrow to complete €30m Pedro d...
- Fiorentina 2 – Barcelona 1: Federico Bernardeschi was at the double as Barca lose...
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez scores from Ivan Rakitic’s lovely assist v Fiorenti...
- ‘He’s like a Bull': Messi has returned to Barcelona pre-season in better sh...
- Barcelona legend Xavi scores glorious free kick golazo on Al Sadd debut (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi