Barcelona hoping Cesc Fabregas publicly rejects Man United move [El Mundo Deportivo]
- August 4, 2013
Cesc Fabregas continues to be linked with Manchester United in both the Spanish press and English media on Sunday.
However, both the main Catalan papers (El Mundo Deportivo and Sport) believe Fabregas will stay at the Nou Camp and reject the advances of Manchester United.
With Manchester United reportedly on the verge of a third and final bid for Fabregas (for 40 million euros), new Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino said the decision is up to Fabregas himself on Friday.
Tata Martino: “I would prefer him to stay with us and I dare say he will, but it’s his decision. He is one of the best players in the squad. I think he will stay. But there’s a part that he has to decide. Cesc will decide the situation, but it has not occurred to me that I won’t be able to count on him.”
Fabregas, according to El Mundo Deportivo, has told the Barcelona hierarchy that he does not want to leave but the Spanish champions are waiting for Cesc to publicly reject the advances of Manchester United, either in a press conference or through his social media channels.
There are suggestions that Fabregas will wait to see if he is part of the starting line-up for the Spanish Super Cup matches with Atletico Madrid before the end of the transfer window, before making a public declaration.
Sport add that Fabregas has travelled to Israel over the weekend to show Barcelona he is completely committed. And does not want to declare his allegiance as he feels this would have to be done with every transfer rumour in the future.
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...