Barcelona hoping Cesc Fabregas publicly rejects Man United move [El Mundo Deportivo]
Cesc Fabregas continues to be linked with Manchester United in both the Spanish press and English media on Sunday.
However, both the main Catalan papers (El Mundo Deportivo and Sport) believe Fabregas will stay at the Nou Camp and reject the advances of Manchester United.
With Manchester United reportedly on the verge of a third and final bid for Fabregas (for 40 million euros), new Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino said the decision is up to Fabregas himself on Friday.
Tata Martino: “I would prefer him to stay with us and I dare say he will, but it’s his decision. He is one of the best players in the squad. I think he will stay. But there’s a part that he has to decide. Cesc will decide the situation, but it has not occurred to me that I won’t be able to count on him.”
Fabregas, according to El Mundo Deportivo, has told the Barcelona hierarchy that he does not want to leave but the Spanish champions are waiting for Cesc to publicly reject the advances of Manchester United, either in a press conference or through his social media channels.
There are suggestions that Fabregas will wait to see if he is part of the starting line-up for the Spanish Super Cup matches with Atletico Madrid before the end of the transfer window, before making a public declaration.
Sport add that Fabregas has travelled to Israel over the weekend to show Barcelona he is completely committed. And does not want to declare his allegiance as he feels this would have to be done with every transfer rumour in the future.
Watch Live Stream
- Neymar creates the ultimate footballer from the best players ever (Video)December 9, 2016
- Chapecoense president Ivan Tozzo has accepted Barcelona’s inviteDecember 9, 2016
- Shakhtar legend Darijo Srna asks to leave club to join Barcelona [MD]December 9, 2016
- Osasuna v Barcelona: Watch a live stream of the La Liga matchDecember 9, 2016
- Andrea Pirlo visits former manager Antonio Conte at ChelseaDecember 9, 2016
- Chelsea & Man City charged by the FA. Cesc Fabregas gets away with itDecember 5, 2016
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to claim he snubbed Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas (Video)December 5, 2016
- Arsenal set to make incredible bid for Cesc Fabregas [Sunday Express]December 4, 2016
- Man Utd’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan talks about adapting to physicality of the Premier League (Video)December 10, 2016
- Spurs boss Pochettino insists Jose Mourinho is still ‘The Special One’ (Video)December 9, 2016
- Gary Neville responds to Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius on InstagramDecember 9, 2016
- Two Manchester United players make Europa League Team of the WeekDecember 9, 2016