Barcelona hope to bag Man United starlet Adnan Januzaj on a free [Daily Mail]
- October 8, 2013
After scoring two goals to secure a Manchester United win at Sunderland on Saturday, the speculation over Adnan Januzaj’s future is rife.
Fast forward to Tuesday morning and the Daily Mail have claimed that Barcelona are tracking developments and with Januzaj’s contract expiring at the end of the season, the Catalans are hopeful of signing the young midfielder for free.
Chris Wheeler writes: “Barca have tracked the teenager’s progress since before he joined United from Anderlecht in 2011. They are ever more confident that Januzaj will move to the Nou Camp when his deal runs out in eight months.”
Wheeler adds: “Though the Belgian says he is happy at United, it is said he has felt unappreciated at times. Contract talks stalled after Sir Alex Ferguson decided to retire in May and have resumed only recently.”
This report could well be with the intention to ensure Manchester United make Januzaj a fantastic offer with the guarantee of plenty of first team football to aid his development.
Or, Januzaj could be the latest youngster to leave Old Trafford like Paul Pogba and Ravel Morrison.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...