- Liverpool loanee Luis Alberto scored 27 seconds after coming on for Malaga v Elche [Video]
- Nuts! Bayern’s Manuel Neuer let in only his 4th goal in 17 league games v Mainz [Official Video]
- Athletic Bilbao 1 – Atletico Madrid 4: Antoine Griezmann hits a hat-trick [Highlights]
- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
Barcelona have turned down the chance to sign Daniel Agger, Liverpool still want to sell [Mundo Deportivo]
One Liverpool player who won’t be joining FC Barcelona this summer is Daniel Agger.
After several seasons of being linked with a possible move from Anfield to the Camp Nou, Sunday’s edition of Mundo Deportivo claims that Liverpool offered their Danish defender to the Catalans, but they simply turned their noses up at the opportunity.
Barcelona, who are said to be on the lookout for new defenders this summer with Carles Puyol having left the club, have turned down Agger because “the club received the proposal (three months ago), assessed the player’s technical level, but ended up rejecting it.”
Interesting, the Agger deal is not mentioned in the same breathe as Luis Suarez, and there is no reason to believe the Agger story has any impact of the future of the Uruguayan striker.
With Agger off the table, Mundo Deportivo link Barcelona with possible moves any of Marquinhos, Jérémy Mathieu, Mats Hummels and Vincent Kompany.
As for the Reds, Mundo Deportivo are certain that Agger is now up for sale at Anfield, with the paper printing that “Liverpool intend to transfer to Agger this summer.”
For the record, Liverpool have been linked with a move for Southampton defender Dejan Lovren this summer too.
- Updated: July 6, 2014