Barcelona have to pay Arsenal £5.6m for selling Cesc Fabregas to Chelsea [The Times]
The lead story on the backpage of The Times on Friday centres on Chelsea’s acquisition of Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona.
The angle taken by the broadsheet is to focus on Arsenal, as Fabregas seemed to suggest that the Gunners had turned down the chance to re-sign him when he was up for purshase at the Camp Nou.
Arsenal decided against moving for their former captain, and in return he joined Jose Mourinho’s team on a 5-year deal worth approximately £150k a week.
The Times finish off their piece by reporting on Arsenal’s windfall from the transfer.
According to clauses placed in Cesc’s contract when he moved from the Emirates to Barca in 2011, Arsenal are set to receive an immediate payment of £5.6m.
See the backpage of The Times on Friday below.
Watch Live Stream
- The Guardian say Arsenal Fan TV pay their star personalities to attend games (Audio)August 30, 2016
- Arsenal old-boy Tomas Rosicky set to return to his boyhood club [Sport]August 30, 2016
- Arsenal Fan TV on reports Jack Wilshere leaving the Gunners on loan (Video)August 30, 2016
- Arsenal fans react to news Serge Gnabry may join Bayern Munich [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Arda Turan denied Luis Suarez an easy tap-in so the striker made sure to return the favour (Video)August 29, 2016
- Luis Suarez called ref Mateu Lahoz a ‘Clown’ during Barcelona’s 1-0 win at Athletic Bilbao (Video)August 29, 2016
- Barcelona accidentally leak early photo of Paco Alcacer on their websiteAugust 29, 2016
- Barcelona youth team show awesome sportsmanship after beating Japanese side (Video)August 29, 2016
- Chelsea try to offload Cesc Fabregas to Real Madrid [El Confidencial]August 30, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas addresses Chelsea Exit rumours, insists he’s staying and has Conte’s backing [Instagram]August 28, 2016
- Antonio Conte has made it clear Cesc Fabregas can leave Chelsea [El Confidencial]August 28, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas benched again: Watford v Chelsea [Team Sheets]August 20, 2016