Barcelona have to pay Arsenal £5.6m for selling Cesc Fabregas to Chelsea [The Times]
The lead story on the backpage of The Times on Friday centres on Chelsea’s acquisition of Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona.
The angle taken by the broadsheet is to focus on Arsenal, as Fabregas seemed to suggest that the Gunners had turned down the chance to re-sign him when he was up for purshase at the Camp Nou.
Arsenal decided against moving for their former captain, and in return he joined Jose Mourinho’s team on a 5-year deal worth approximately £150k a week.
The Times finish off their piece by reporting on Arsenal’s windfall from the transfer.
According to clauses placed in Cesc’s contract when he moved from the Emirates to Barca in 2011, Arsenal are set to receive an immediate payment of £5.6m.
See the backpage of The Times on Friday below.
Watch Live Stream
- Adama Traore’s sprint v Arsenal did not break a Premier League recordOctober 25, 2016
- BBC’s David Ornstein on Mesut Ozil & Alexis Sanchez renewal updates after Arsenal’s AGM (Video)October 25, 2016
- Jack Wilshere responds to Jamie Redknapp’s prediction that he won’t return to ArsenalOctober 24, 2016
- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote talks about his Arsenal takeover plans (BBC Audio)October 23, 2016
- Revealed: PSG agreed to pay Neymar’s €190m release clause but not his monster tax debt [L’Equipe]October 25, 2016
- Did violent Valencia tactics make Andres Iniesta’s injury inevitable? (Video)October 24, 2016
- Andres Iniesta’s injury timetable sees him miss 12 Barcelona fixtures, including ClasicoOctober 23, 2016
- Neymar loses a court case regarding the birth of his son Davi Lucca [Noticias24]October 23, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas to leave Chelsea for Man City [Sun]October 23, 2016
- Antonio Conte’s description of Fabregas injury leads to hilarious misunderstanding (Video)October 22, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas’s wife comments on speculation about him moving to AC MilanOctober 17, 2016
- Chelsea’s Cesc announces a new member of the Fabregas family on InstagramOctober 16, 2016