Barcelona have to pay Arsenal £5.6m for selling Cesc Fabregas to Chelsea [The Times]
- June 12, 2014
The lead story on the backpage of The Times on Friday centres on Chelsea’s acquisition of Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona.
The angle taken by the broadsheet is to focus on Arsenal, as Fabregas seemed to suggest that the Gunners had turned down the chance to re-sign him when he was up for purshase at the Camp Nou.
Arsenal decided against moving for their former captain, and in return he joined Jose Mourinho’s team on a 5-year deal worth approximately £150k a week.
The Times finish off their piece by reporting on Arsenal’s windfall from the transfer.
According to clauses placed in Cesc’s contract when he moved from the Emirates to Barca in 2011, Arsenal are set to receive an immediate payment of £5.6m.
See the backpage of The Times on Friday below.
- Chelsea captain John Terry admits it will be strange to play against ‘Big Pete...
- Wilshere = Fabregas: Daily Mail compare Arsenal & Chelsea through Little Englander...
- Arsene Wenger wants to win Community Shield v Chelsea to set tone for new season (Video)
- Arsenal stopper Petr Cech speaks about how he became a goalkeeper (Video)
- Gary Neville says Jack Wilshere’s chant about Spurs was the best thing he’s...
- Petr Cech ignored Mourinho to leave Chelsea, signed for Arsenal because of Wenger [Mail]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi