Barcelona have to pay Arsenal £5.6m for selling Cesc Fabregas to Chelsea [The Times]
The lead story on the backpage of The Times on Friday centres on Chelsea’s acquisition of Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona.
The angle taken by the broadsheet is to focus on Arsenal, as Fabregas seemed to suggest that the Gunners had turned down the chance to re-sign him when he was up for purshase at the Camp Nou.
Arsenal decided against moving for their former captain, and in return he joined Jose Mourinho’s team on a 5-year deal worth approximately £150k a week.
The Times finish off their piece by reporting on Arsenal’s windfall from the transfer.
According to clauses placed in Cesc’s contract when he moved from the Emirates to Barca in 2011, Arsenal are set to receive an immediate payment of £5.6m.
See the backpage of The Times on Friday below.
Watch Live Stream
- You’ve seen him juggle chewing gum, now watch Mesut Ozil juggle a coin (Video)December 7, 2016
- Bayern Munich troll Arsenal ahead of Monday’s Champions League drawDecember 7, 2016
- Paul Pogba earns more than Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil combined, biggest earners revealedDecember 7, 2016
- The expected goals Premier League table: Chelsea & Arsenal impressDecember 7, 2016
- Barcelona’s Javier Mascherano hits back at ‘genius’ critics (Video)December 7, 2016
- Neymar & Cristiano Ronaldo charge a fortune for their signatures [El Confidencial]December 7, 2016
- Barcelona’s Arda Turan takes a sly dig at Real Madrid (Video)December 7, 2016
- Too far? Jordi Alba faces backlash for trolling Mateo Kovacic during El ClasicoDecember 6, 2016
- Chelsea & Man City charged by the FA. Cesc Fabregas gets away with itDecember 5, 2016
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to claim he snubbed Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas (Video)December 5, 2016
- Arsenal set to make incredible bid for Cesc Fabregas [Sunday Express]December 4, 2016
- Will he be banned? Everyone saw Cesc Fabregas slap Fernandinho [Tweets]December 4, 2016