Barcelona have to pay Arsenal £5.6m for selling Cesc Fabregas to Chelsea [The Times]
The lead story on the backpage of The Times on Friday centres on Chelsea’s acquisition of Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona.
The angle taken by the broadsheet is to focus on Arsenal, as Fabregas seemed to suggest that the Gunners had turned down the chance to re-sign him when he was up for purshase at the Camp Nou.
Arsenal decided against moving for their former captain, and in return he joined Jose Mourinho’s team on a 5-year deal worth approximately £150k a week.
The Times finish off their piece by reporting on Arsenal’s windfall from the transfer.
According to clauses placed in Cesc’s contract when he moved from the Emirates to Barca in 2011, Arsenal are set to receive an immediate payment of £5.6m.
See the backpage of The Times on Friday below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal boss rules Olivier Giroud out of Burnley game, positive news for Coquelin (Video)September 30, 2016
- Arsenal should start searching for a new manager as Arsene Wenger opens the door for EnglandSeptember 30, 2016
- Arsenal star Alex Iwobi plays FIFA and Chills with Copa 90 (Video)September 29, 2016
- It looks like Theo Walcott is finally making good on his Alexis Sanchez arrival warningSeptember 29, 2016
- Neymar committed some horrendous dives against Borusssia Monchengladbach (Video)September 30, 2016
- Luis Suarez swore at Gladbach fans, told lino “Your mother’s c*nt, you clown” (Video)September 30, 2016
- Eric Abidal’s incredible 2011 CL final story about angry Man United playersSeptember 28, 2016
- Rumour: Former Spurs & Barcelona forward Giovani dos Santos is being blackmailed over a sex tapeSeptember 26, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas posts amusing comment on a Chelsea Instagram postSeptember 29, 2016
- Arsenal fans troll Cesc Fabregas after the Chelsea midfielder was subbed at 3-nil down [Tweets]September 24, 2016
- Gooners love the official Arsenal Snapchat welcome to Cesc FabregasSeptember 24, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas starts: Arsenal v Chelsea [Team Sheets]September 24, 2016