Barcelona continue to pursue €46m Chelsea defender David Luiz [El Mundo Deportivo]
- August 6, 2013
Catalan paper El Mundo Deportivo report this Tuesday morning that Barcelona are still pursuing Chelsea defender David Luiz.
Reports in recent days suggested Luiz would take a pay cut to play alongside Brazil team mates Dani Alves and Neymar at the Nou Camp and despite a 46 million euro transfer fee, Barcelona continue to pursue the Sideshow Bob look-a-like.
Barcelona’s director of football, Raul Sanllehí, travelled to London yesterday for discussions with Luiz’s agent, Giuliano Bertolucci, according to El Mundo Deportivo.
Luiz remains Barcelona’s first choice after missing out on Thiago Silva earlier this summer. If they cannot bag Luiz, they will target Liverpool’s Dan Agger.
Chelsea are under no pressure to sell the player and have quoted Barcelona a price of 46 million euros to sign the Brazilian who impressed under Rafa Benitez last season and at the Confederations Cup.
There were reports earlier this summer that returning Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho didn’t want Luiz in his squad, now all suggestions point to the “Special One” being eager to hold on to the Brazilian.
But, El Mundo Deportivo add that Barcelona are encouraged by the fact Luiz will drop his salary demands to join Barcelona. Thiago Silva wanted to be the best paid defender in world football and this scuppered his move from PSG.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]