- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
- PSV confirm they’ve had a telephone call from Man United about Memphis Depay
- Shay Given credits Tim Sherwood after FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool [Video]
- Pellegrini glad to see his Manchester City side bounce back with win over West Ham [Video]
- Jamie Carragher takes dig at Raheem Sterling on Twitter & berates Liverpool’s recruitment policy
Barcelona close in on 13-year-old Malaga wonderkid Brahim Abdelkader Diaz (predictably nicknamed the “new Messi”)
- September 11, 2012
Widespread reports in Spain claim Barcelona are closing in on the signing of Malaga wonderkid Brahim Abdelkader Diaz, who has already been nicknamed the “new Lionel Messi.”
The hype surrounding Brahim Abdelkader Diaz is pretty extreme with the 13-year-old tipped as the best player to emerge from the Malga youth system.
Barcelona have offered 50,000 euros, with cash-strapped Malaga holding out for 100,000 euros. The Catalan giants came close to sealing the signing a year ago and have returned in recent days.
The liklehood of the signing is given some credibility by the fact Barcelona are being represented in negotiations by Pere Guardiola, brother of Pep.
Brahim Abdelkader Diaz is an attacker who can play wide or up front and has shown similar characteristics to Lionel Messi. The youngster is keen to join Barcelona who predict he could be playing first team football at the Nou Camp by 16 or 17.
Video footage of Brahim Abdelkader Diaz in action:
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”228502″]