Barcelona close in on 13-year-old Malaga wonderkid Brahim Abdelkader Diaz (predictably nicknamed the “new Messi”)
- September 11, 2012
Widespread reports in Spain claim Barcelona are closing in on the signing of Malaga wonderkid Brahim Abdelkader Diaz, who has already been nicknamed the “new Lionel Messi.”
The hype surrounding Brahim Abdelkader Diaz is pretty extreme with the 13-year-old tipped as the best player to emerge from the Malga youth system.
Barcelona have offered 50,000 euros, with cash-strapped Malaga holding out for 100,000 euros. The Catalan giants came close to sealing the signing a year ago and have returned in recent days.
The liklehood of the signing is given some credibility by the fact Barcelona are being represented in negotiations by Pere Guardiola, brother of Pep.
Brahim Abdelkader Diaz is an attacker who can play wide or up front and has shown similar characteristics to Lionel Messi. The youngster is keen to join Barcelona who predict he could be playing first team football at the Nou Camp by 16 or 17.
Video footage of Brahim Abdelkader Diaz in action:
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”228502″]
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]