- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Barcelona close in on 13-year-old Malaga wonderkid Brahim Abdelkader Diaz (predictably nicknamed the “new Messi”)
Widespread reports in Spain claim Barcelona are closing in on the signing of Malaga wonderkid Brahim Abdelkader Diaz, who has already been nicknamed the “new Lionel Messi.”
The hype surrounding Brahim Abdelkader Diaz is pretty extreme with the 13-year-old tipped as the best player to emerge from the Malga youth system.
Barcelona have offered 50,000 euros, with cash-strapped Malaga holding out for 100,000 euros. The Catalan giants came close to sealing the signing a year ago and have returned in recent days.
The liklehood of the signing is given some credibility by the fact Barcelona are being represented in negotiations by Pere Guardiola, brother of Pep.
Brahim Abdelkader Diaz is an attacker who can play wide or up front and has shown similar characteristics to Lionel Messi. The youngster is keen to join Barcelona who predict he could be playing first team football at the Nou Camp by 16 or 17.
Video footage of Brahim Abdelkader Diaz in action:
- Updated: September 11, 2012