- Paul Pogba stole the show as Juventus recorded comprehensive win over Lazio [Official Highlights]
- Howard Webb discusses yellow cards and discipline with Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville
- Dortmund attacker Marco Reus scores before sustaining ankle injury against Paderborn [Video]
- TalkSPORT dedicate video to the many faces of Arsene Wenger
- Jamie Carragher asked if Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard should be dropped, dodges the question [Video]
Barcelona chase a marquee signing with Liverpool’s Suarez, Man United’s RVP & Chelsea’s Hazard targets [MD]
The front page of Spanish daily Mundo Deportivo has the names of three of the Premier League’s top, top players all linked to Barcelona: Liverpool’s Luis Suarez, Man United’s Robin van Persie and Chelsea’s Eden Hazard.
Rather than ridiculously suggesting all three players could join the Catalans this summer, the paper report that Barcelona hope to land a marquee signing this summer, and these three Premier League based players are now top of Luis Enrique’s wishlist.
Whether Barcelona could land any of these stars seems doubtful.
Regarding Liverpool’s Suarez, Mundo Deportivo appear to believe that the Uruguayan is the most available of the three stars mentioned. That’s because Barcelona supposedly have an ‘ace up their sleeve’, as it’s suggested Barca would include Alexis Sanchez in a deal to bring Suarez to the Camp Nou.
The notion that Robin van Persie would leave Manchester United is virtually rubbished by Mundo Deportivo themselves, as the Spanish paper notes that the arrival of Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford appears to have ended thoughts the Dutch striker is available.
Finally on Chelsea’s Hazard, Mundo Deportivo cheekily remember how the Blues sold Juan Mata to United, to make their case that it’s hard to predict the transfer thinking at Stamford Bridge.
- Updated: June 18, 2014