Barcelona begin negotiations with Thibaut Courtois; Chelsea don’t want to sell to CL rival [Marca]
Leading Madrid-based Spanish newspaper Marca have revealed on Boxing Day that Barcelona have begun negotiations with Thibaut Courtois over a move to the Nou Camp.
Courtois has been sensational for Atletico Madrid since joining on loan at Chelsea and his future is very much up in the air if he cannot dislodge Petr Cech from the Blues goal.
Marca claim Atletico Madrid have been informed that Courtois has been negotiating with Barcelona who are keen to secure a replacement for Victor Valdes who is out of contract at the Nou Camp at the end of 2013/2014.
They add that Courtois looks set to be involved in one of the transfer sagas of next summer, when the Belgian keeper decides his future after the 2014 World Cup.
Chelsea are not keen to sell Courtois to Barcelona – a side they believe to be a Champions League rival.
The Premier League side would though be willing to sell Courtois to Atletico Madrid for a fee of 20 million euros.
A high fee for a goalkeeper but not necessarily for a ludicrously talented 21-year-old.
Watch Live Stream
- Awful news: Cristiano Ronaldo limped out of Real Madrid training today (Video & Tweets)May 24th, 2016
- ‘I felt lost’ : Atletico Madrid’s Fernando Torres reflects on his dark days at ...May 23rd, 2016
- Nico Gaitan cries after final game for Benfica, ahead of Atletico Madrid move (Video)May 21st, 2016
- Diego Godin believes he can get a PSG striker to come to Atletico Madrid [Quotes]May 17th, 2016
- Dani Alves agrees deal to leave Barcelona for Juventus [Cadena SER]May 25th, 2016
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi talks openly about his affection for NBA star Steph Curry (Video)May 25th, 2016
- Spanish press issue mixed reports over Juventus’ attempts to sign Barcelona’s Javier ...May 25th, 2016
- Barcelona have decided to release Spurs target Sandro Ramirez [Mail]May 24th, 2016
- Man United to pay Chelsea millions for Jose Mourinho’s image rights; Contract agreed [Guard...May 25th, 2016
- Man United may pay Chelsea a six-figure sum to secure Jose Mourinho’s image rights [BBC]May 25th, 2016
- Tottenham agree kit deal with Nike, far lower than Chelsea’s [Times]May 25th, 2016
- Jose Mourinho’s Man United move has stalled because Chelsea own trademark to his name [Tweets]May 25th, 2016