Barcelona begin negotiations with Thibaut Courtois; Chelsea don’t want to sell to CL rival [Marca]
Leading Madrid-based Spanish newspaper Marca have revealed on Boxing Day that Barcelona have begun negotiations with Thibaut Courtois over a move to the Nou Camp.
Courtois has been sensational for Atletico Madrid since joining on loan at Chelsea and his future is very much up in the air if he cannot dislodge Petr Cech from the Blues goal.
Marca claim Atletico Madrid have been informed that Courtois has been negotiating with Barcelona who are keen to secure a replacement for Victor Valdes who is out of contract at the Nou Camp at the end of 2013/2014.
They add that Courtois looks set to be involved in one of the transfer sagas of next summer, when the Belgian keeper decides his future after the 2014 World Cup.
Chelsea are not keen to sell Courtois to Barcelona – a side they believe to be a Champions League rival.
The Premier League side would though be willing to sell Courtois to Atletico Madrid for a fee of 20 million euros.
A high fee for a goalkeeper but not necessarily for a ludicrously talented 21-year-old.
- Atletico striker Angel Correa (20) spins past Casemiro with gorgeous roulette (GIF)
- Shocking Scenes: Benfica fans throw flares at Atletico Madrid fans during CL clash (video)
- Shocking: Benfica fans throw flares from the upper tier onto Atletico fans sitting belo...
- Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi will be tried in Spain for tax fraud, could spend 22 months...
- Man United & Barcelona send scouts to watch one of the hottest stars in Belgium [H...
- Philippe Coutinho’s agent Kia Joorabchian says his client is staying at Liverpool...
- Pep Guardiola has agreed to take over at Man City next season [El Mundo Deportivo]
- Good Guy John Terry shoots for Love, nominates former Chelsea teammates (Video)
- The 10 best passers in the Premier League so far, featuring Arsenal & Chelsea stars
- Jose Mourinho threatens to kill himself if Chelsea replace him with Brendan Rodgers (Sp...
- Jose Mourinho admits Chelsea’s results have been bad, thanks Roman Abramovich [Ga...