Barcelona begin negotiations with Thibaut Courtois; Chelsea don’t want to sell to CL rival [Marca]
- December 26, 2013
Leading Madrid-based Spanish newspaper Marca have revealed on Boxing Day that Barcelona have begun negotiations with Thibaut Courtois over a move to the Nou Camp.
Courtois has been sensational for Atletico Madrid since joining on loan at Chelsea and his future is very much up in the air if he cannot dislodge Petr Cech from the Blues goal.
Marca claim Atletico Madrid have been informed that Courtois has been negotiating with Barcelona who are keen to secure a replacement for Victor Valdes who is out of contract at the Nou Camp at the end of 2013/2014.
They add that Courtois looks set to be involved in one of the transfer sagas of next summer, when the Belgian keeper decides his future after the 2014 World Cup.
Chelsea are not keen to sell Courtois to Barcelona – a side they believe to be a Champions League rival.
The Premier League side would though be willing to sell Courtois to Atletico Madrid for a fee of 20 million euros.
A high fee for a goalkeeper but not necessarily for a ludicrously talented 21-year-old.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]