- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
Barcelona begin negotiations with Thibaut Courtois; Chelsea don’t want to sell to CL rival [Marca]
Leading Madrid-based Spanish newspaper Marca have revealed on Boxing Day that Barcelona have begun negotiations with Thibaut Courtois over a move to the Nou Camp.
Courtois has been sensational for Atletico Madrid since joining on loan at Chelsea and his future is very much up in the air if he cannot dislodge Petr Cech from the Blues goal.
Marca claim Atletico Madrid have been informed that Courtois has been negotiating with Barcelona who are keen to secure a replacement for Victor Valdes who is out of contract at the Nou Camp at the end of 2013/2014.
They add that Courtois looks set to be involved in one of the transfer sagas of next summer, when the Belgian keeper decides his future after the 2014 World Cup.
Chelsea are not keen to sell Courtois to Barcelona – a side they believe to be a Champions League rival.
The Premier League side would though be willing to sell Courtois to Atletico Madrid for a fee of 20 million euros.
A high fee for a goalkeeper but not necessarily for a ludicrously talented 21-year-old.
- Updated: December 26, 2013