Barcelona begin negotiations with Thibaut Courtois; Chelsea don’t want to sell to CL rival [Marca]
Leading Madrid-based Spanish newspaper Marca have revealed on Boxing Day that Barcelona have begun negotiations with Thibaut Courtois over a move to the Nou Camp.
Courtois has been sensational for Atletico Madrid since joining on loan at Chelsea and his future is very much up in the air if he cannot dislodge Petr Cech from the Blues goal.
Marca claim Atletico Madrid have been informed that Courtois has been negotiating with Barcelona who are keen to secure a replacement for Victor Valdes who is out of contract at the Nou Camp at the end of 2013/2014.
They add that Courtois looks set to be involved in one of the transfer sagas of next summer, when the Belgian keeper decides his future after the 2014 World Cup.
Chelsea are not keen to sell Courtois to Barcelona – a side they believe to be a Champions League rival.
The Premier League side would though be willing to sell Courtois to Atletico Madrid for a fee of 20 million euros.
A high fee for a goalkeeper but not necessarily for a ludicrously talented 21-year-old.
Watch Live Stream
- Diego Simeone’s brilliant anti-Juventus Instagram post after Giovanni Simeone braceNovember 28, 2016
- Man United fans get excited as Antoine Griezmann produces another transfer hint [Telefoot]November 27, 2016
- Man United plan to sign one of the best defenders in the world this January [ESPN]November 27, 2016
- Antoine Griezmann admits he had doubts about Atletico future in summer [GQ]November 26, 2016
- People aren’t happy as FIFA announce final three for Best Player AwardDecember 2, 2016
- Barcelona nearly signed Cristiano Ronaldo before his Real Madrid move [Daily Mail]December 2, 2016
- Barcelona v Real Madrid: Watch The top 10 goals scored in El Clasico history (videos)December 2, 2016
- Barcelona v Real Madrid: El Clasico preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 2, 2016
- Crewe’s Dario Gradi accused of covering up child sex abuse claims at Chelsea [Independent]December 2, 2016
- Tension: Chelsea spokesman is grilled on child sex abuse cover-up as Conte looks on (Video)December 2, 2016
- Man City v Chelsea is the game of the weekend and here’s the stats previewDecember 2, 2016
- Chelsea boss Conte says letting Kevin De Bruyne go was a massive mistakeDecember 2, 2016