Barcelona, Arsenal & Man United battle for Fiorentina winger Juan Cuadrado, valued at €35m [Sport]
- July 7, 2014
Sport, the Barcelona-based Spanish daily, plaster a picture of Fiorentina and Colombia winger Juan Cuadrado on their front page on Monday reporting that player is in the crosshairs of some of Europe’s biggest clubs.
According to Sport, Cuadrado, one of the stars of the World Cup with four assists in Brazil, is eager to join Barcelona. Concurrently, it’s claimed that “the Blaugrana club has long struck a tentative agreement with the player.”
Yet, despite all that supposed agreement in the air, the transfer appears to be on shaky ground, mainly due to Fiorentina’s decision to play hardball when it comes to the transfer fees being mooted.
Sport first note that the Viola wish to keep hold of Cuadrado, however that ship appears to have sailed with the player’s agent, Alessandro Lucci, set to sit down with the owners at Fiorentina to hash out an exit strategy for his client this week.
With regards to Cuadrado’s sale, there appears to be several suitors in the mix apart from Barca including Juventus, Roma, Arsenal and Man United.
Sport report that the Italian advances are likely to fail due to their lack of economic muscle, leaving the Premier League sides to battle Barca. In that regard, Arsenal are said to have had a €25m bid for the winger already rebuffed by the Viola, as the club look to get €35m for their in-demand star.
As for Man United, one gets the impression that the Red Devils have been name-dropped into the story as something of an afterthought, as the details of the proposal from Old Trafford is remarkably thin on detail in Sport.
A copy of the article in Sport on Monday is below (credit to Sport Witness for this screengrab).
- Paul Merson rants about Arsenal’s lack of spending after Welbeck injury
- Gareth Bale & Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey celebrate Wales win over Cyprus on Inst...
- Arsenal’s Per Mertesacker picks lots of friends in Ultimate XI, including the lat...
- Arsenal loanee Yaya Sanogo produced a hilariously Yaya Sanogo finish in Ajax friendly (...
- ArsenalFanTV list 10 strikers Arsenal could’ve signed this summer (Video)
- Arsenal fans rage at Arsene Wenger after club confirm Danny Welbeck long term injury [T...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...