Barcelona, Arsenal & Man United battle for Fiorentina winger Juan Cuadrado, valued at €35m [Sport]
- July 7, 2014
Sport, the Barcelona-based Spanish daily, plaster a picture of Fiorentina and Colombia winger Juan Cuadrado on their front page on Monday reporting that player is in the crosshairs of some of Europe’s biggest clubs.
According to Sport, Cuadrado, one of the stars of the World Cup with four assists in Brazil, is eager to join Barcelona. Concurrently, it’s claimed that “the Blaugrana club has long struck a tentative agreement with the player.”
Yet, despite all that supposed agreement in the air, the transfer appears to be on shaky ground, mainly due to Fiorentina’s decision to play hardball when it comes to the transfer fees being mooted.
Sport first note that the Viola wish to keep hold of Cuadrado, however that ship appears to have sailed with the player’s agent, Alessandro Lucci, set to sit down with the owners at Fiorentina to hash out an exit strategy for his client this week.
With regards to Cuadrado’s sale, there appears to be several suitors in the mix apart from Barca including Juventus, Roma, Arsenal and Man United.
Sport report that the Italian advances are likely to fail due to their lack of economic muscle, leaving the Premier League sides to battle Barca. In that regard, Arsenal are said to have had a €25m bid for the winger already rebuffed by the Viola, as the club look to get €35m for their in-demand star.
As for Man United, one gets the impression that the Red Devils have been name-dropped into the story as something of an afterthought, as the details of the proposal from Old Trafford is remarkably thin on detail in Sport.
A copy of the article in Sport on Monday is below (credit to Sport Witness for this screengrab).
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- West Ham owner David Gold confirms interest in signing Arsenal’s Carl Jenkinson [...
- Petr Cech insists that a collective effort will bring success to Arsenal [Video]
- Petr Cech explains what Arsenal are missing [video]
- Arsenal’s Petr Cech wants to play until he’s 40, bashes Chelsea Twitter tro...
- West Ham are ‘very close’ to signing Alex Song and Arsenal’s Carl Jen...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi