Barcelona & Argentina’s Lionel Messi embroiled in fresh charity-money laundering investigation [El Pais]
Having paid of the Spanish Hacienda (Justice System) last year for unpaid taxes, to the tune of approimately 10 million euros, Barcelona and Argentina’s Lionel Messi is now embroile in a fresh money laundering and narco-trafficking investigation, on the eve of the World Cup.
Spanish paper El Pais report with a wide-ranging article, detailing that the Spanish Police are now investigating Lionel Messi’s supposed charity matches “Messi and Friends vs Rest of the World, from 2012 and 2013.
There is a suspicion that the money generated from the games has been used in a worldwide money laundering operation, involving 8 countries: the US, Panama, the tax haven Curaçao Island, Colombia, Peru, Argentina, Spain, and Hong Kong.
There exists the possibility, according to El Pais and the video report below, that the money was laundered as part of an elaborate narco-trafficking operation.
Messi’s father and advisor, Jorge, has ridiculed and dismissed the investigation, telling La Red, ‘These accusations always come out at a certain time just to generate attention, it’s all lies.’
Watch Live Stream
- Revealed: PSG agreed to pay Neymar’s €190m release clause but not his monster tax debt [L’Equipe]October 25, 2016
- Did violent Valencia tactics make Andres Iniesta’s injury inevitable? (Video)October 24, 2016
- Andres Iniesta’s injury timetable sees him miss 12 Barcelona fixtures, including ClasicoOctober 23, 2016
- Neymar loses a court case regarding the birth of his son Davi Lucca [Noticias24]October 23, 2016
- Leo Messi crushed Cristiano Ronaldo in Marca’s Ballon d’Or pollOctober 25, 2016
- New video angle emerges of Barcelona players being hit by bottles & Leo Messi’s rage (video)October 23, 2016
- Leo Messi at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Valencia (Official video)October 22, 2016
- Leo Messi’s goal scoring numbers continue to defy belief: All the best statsOctober 22, 2016