Barcelona & Argentina’s Lionel Messi embroiled in fresh charity-money laundering investigation [El Pais]
Having paid of the Spanish Hacienda (Justice System) last year for unpaid taxes, to the tune of approimately 10 million euros, Barcelona and Argentina’s Lionel Messi is now embroile in a fresh money laundering and narco-trafficking investigation, on the eve of the World Cup.
Spanish paper El Pais report with a wide-ranging article, detailing that the Spanish Police are now investigating Lionel Messi’s supposed charity matches “Messi and Friends vs Rest of the World, from 2012 and 2013.
There is a suspicion that the money generated from the games has been used in a worldwide money laundering operation, involving 8 countries: the US, Panama, the tax haven Curaçao Island, Colombia, Peru, Argentina, Spain, and Hong Kong.
There exists the possibility, according to El Pais and the video report below, that the money was laundered as part of an elaborate narco-trafficking operation.
Messi’s father and advisor, Jorge, has ridiculed and dismissed the investigation, telling La Red, ‘These accusations always come out at a certain time just to generate attention, it’s all lies.’
Watch Live Stream
- Xavi Hernandez explains why Cristiano Ronaldo probably did nothing wrong over tax scandalDecember 5, 2016
- Liverpool set for a Champions League return at BarcelonaDecember 5, 2016
- Barca legend Xavi talks about Cristiano Ronaldo’s financial problems [Rac1]December 5, 2016
- Fouling Neymar: The 442oons Barcelona 1 – Real Madrid 1 movie trailer (video)December 5, 2016
- Leo Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo shared a bromantic moment during El Clasico (video)December 4, 2016
- The Leo Messi-Cristiano Ronaldo handshake pre El Clasico was a little awkwardDecember 3, 2016
- Arsenal fan makes a bonkers claim about Leo Messi on BBC 606 (Video)December 3, 2016
- The crashed Chapecoense plane recently carried Leo Messi & the Argentina national teamNovember 29, 2016