Barcelona & Argentina’s Lionel Messi embroiled in fresh charity-money laundering investigation [El Pais]
Having paid of the Spanish Hacienda (Justice System) last year for unpaid taxes, to the tune of approimately 10 million euros, Barcelona and Argentina’s Lionel Messi is now embroile in a fresh money laundering and narco-trafficking investigation, on the eve of the World Cup.
Spanish paper El Pais report with a wide-ranging article, detailing that the Spanish Police are now investigating Lionel Messi’s supposed charity matches “Messi and Friends vs Rest of the World, from 2012 and 2013.
There is a suspicion that the money generated from the games has been used in a worldwide money laundering operation, involving 8 countries: the US, Panama, the tax haven Curaçao Island, Colombia, Peru, Argentina, Spain, and Hong Kong.
There exists the possibility, according to El Pais and the video report below, that the money was laundered as part of an elaborate narco-trafficking operation.
Messi’s father and advisor, Jorge, has ridiculed and dismissed the investigation, telling La Red, ‘These accusations always come out at a certain time just to generate attention, it’s all lies.’
Watch Live Stream
- Neymar committed some horrendous dives against Borusssia Monchengladbach (Video)September 30, 2016
- Luis Suarez swore at Gladbach fans, told lino “Your mother’s c*nt, you clown” (Video)September 30, 2016
- Eric Abidal’s incredible 2011 CL final story about angry Man United playersSeptember 28, 2016
- Rumour: Former Spurs & Barcelona forward Giovani dos Santos is being blackmailed over a sex tapeSeptember 26, 2016
- Lionel Messi thanks Borussia Monchengladbach for get well message on FacebookSeptember 23, 2016
- The moment Lionel Messi picked up a groin strain against Atletico Madrid (Video)September 22, 2016
- Barcelona confirm Leo Messi is out for 3 weeks with groin injurySeptember 21, 2016
- Pep Guardiola: Leo Messi sits on football’s top table by himself (Video)September 17, 2016