(Barcelona & Argentina’s) Lionel Messi cleared of all charges in tax evasion investigation [El Pais]
- June 17, 2014
One less problem for the pressurized Lionel Messi to worry about: the four-time Ballon D’Or has been cleared of all charges in the tax-invasion investigation the public prosecutors had been carrying out over the last year.
After a long and drawn-out process, Messi’s pleading of ignorance has been the crucial point in the prosectors deeming him to be innocent, according to El Pais.
Messi told the judge ‘My father manages all of my financial affairs and I trust him’, and this affirmation was deemed to be ‘perfectly credible’ by the acting judges.
Messi’s father Jorge Horacio, however, remains under investigation, suspected of creating a false company by way of avoiding paying tax, estimated to be t the tune of 4 million euros.
Also playing in Messi’s favour in having his name cleared were the testimonies of two tax-office witnesses, according to El Pais, who confirmed that Messi ‘knew nothing’ about any of the financial dealings.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...