Barcelona are trying to “squeeze” Dinamo Zagreb to sign Spurs target Alen Halilovic this summer [Jutarnji list]
- February 9, 2014
Barcelona are trying to sign Croatian wunderkid Alen Halilovic this summer according to local tabloid Jutarnji list.
The story, which has now been reported by Spanish daily Sport also, comes after Jutarnji list reported an interview with Dinamo’s executive president Zdravko Mamic from Saturday.
Asked about the rumours that Barcelona were tracking the highly-prised 17-year-old attacking midfielder, the Dinamo suit confirmed the story to be true. Mamic said:
It is true that everything you write. We have received an offer from Barcelona for Halilovic, but it was not accepted because neither Dinamo, nor the Halilovic family were not entirely satisfied with the terms. However, the story does not stop there. Barcelona are squeezes us to make the transfer happen.
We’ll see how the story continues. Frankly, I’d like to Halilovic to remain at Dinamo for three more years, but…
Reports in Spain now add that Barcelona are sending over a delegation to Zagreb in order to wrap up a deal with the teenager.
Should the deal come to fruition it will be bad news for long-time admirers Tottenham. For several transfer windows now, Spurs have been linked to the promising Croatian star, and there have been suggestions that Tottenham have bid €20m (Halilovic only has a €15m release clause, his contract expires at the end of the season), whilst also offering €1.5 million a season in wages, in the past.
Tottenham and Barcelona are also said to be joined by Bayern Munich in having an interest in Halilovic.
The stumbling block in any deal for Halilovic so far has been the player’s farther. Halilovic senior, Sead, who also acts as the player’s agent is said to want to ensure that his son moves to a club where he’ll instantly be rewarded with first team action.
Halilovic has played 13 league matches for DInamo this season without scoring.
- Back to business: Barcelona’s deadly MSN trio are reunited in training (Video)
- Barcelona president Jose Maria Bartomeu ‘does not foresee’ Pedro departure
- Barcelona fan cries hysterically as Pedro refuses to deny Man United links (Video)
- Messi returns to Barcelona training a week early along with Neymar (Video)
- Liverpool represantives in Barcelona to tie up loan deal for Adama Traore [RAC 1]
- Leo Messi & Javier Mascherano surprise Barcelona by returning to training a week e...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi