Barcelona are trying to “squeeze” Dinamo Zagreb to sign Spurs target Alen Halilovic this summer [Jutarnji list]
Barcelona are trying to sign Croatian wunderkid Alen Halilovic this summer according to local tabloid Jutarnji list.
The story, which has now been reported by Spanish daily Sport also, comes after Jutarnji list reported an interview with Dinamo’s executive president Zdravko Mamic from Saturday.
Asked about the rumours that Barcelona were tracking the highly-prised 17-year-old attacking midfielder, the Dinamo suit confirmed the story to be true. Mamic said:
It is true that everything you write. We have received an offer from Barcelona for Halilovic, but it was not accepted because neither Dinamo, nor the Halilovic family were not entirely satisfied with the terms. However, the story does not stop there. Barcelona are squeezes us to make the transfer happen.
We’ll see how the story continues. Frankly, I’d like to Halilovic to remain at Dinamo for three more years, but…
Reports in Spain now add that Barcelona are sending over a delegation to Zagreb in order to wrap up a deal with the teenager.
Should the deal come to fruition it will be bad news for long-time admirers Tottenham. For several transfer windows now, Spurs have been linked to the promising Croatian star, and there have been suggestions that Tottenham have bid €20m (Halilovic only has a €15m release clause, his contract expires at the end of the season), whilst also offering €1.5 million a season in wages, in the past.
Tottenham and Barcelona are also said to be joined by Bayern Munich in having an interest in Halilovic.
The stumbling block in any deal for Halilovic so far has been the player’s farther. Halilovic senior, Sead, who also acts as the player’s agent is said to want to ensure that his son moves to a club where he’ll instantly be rewarded with first team action.
Halilovic has played 13 league matches for DInamo this season without scoring.
Watch Live Stream
- Leo Messi at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Valencia (Official video)October 22, 2016
- Leo Messi’s goal scoring numbers continue to defy belief: All the best statsOctober 22, 2016
- Leo Messi reacted angrily to the Valencia fans after late penalty winner (video)October 22, 2016
- Andres Iniesta suffers a horror injury for Barcelona at Valencia (Video)October 22, 2016
- Dinamo’s Ante Coric explains why he’s rejected a move to Liverpool [Vecernji list]August 29, 2016
- Manchester City on brink of signing Croatian starlet Ante Coric from Dinamo Zagreb [Mirror]August 19, 2016
- Liverpool have submitted a €15m bid for 19-year-old Dinamo Zagreb star Ante Ćorić [tportal]July 6, 2016
- Arsenal scout Gilles Grimandi watches Dinamo Zagreb’s 17-year-old Josip Brekalo [Mirror]April 10, 2016
- Ex-Spurs boss Tim Sherwood drops an ‘A*se-Bomb’ live on Sky Sports (Video)October 22, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016
- Bournemouth v Tottenham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 21, 2016
- Harry Kane returns to Spurs training, updates on InstagramOctober 20, 2016