Barcelona are NOT keen on signing Chelsea defender David Luiz [El Mundo Deportivo]
- May 14, 2014
In recent weeks, reports from Brazil and Spain have suggested that a deal to take David Luiz from Chelsea to Barcelona is all but done.
Jose Mourinho has reportedly given his approval and Luiz will help Barcelona plug the gaps in the centre of their defence that have been obvious over recent seasons.
Not so, according to a report in El Mundo Deportivo today, with Barcelona reportedly not believing that Luiz fits the “right profile” for the club.
Barcelona reportedly consider “Luiz to be a great player, but not the best.”
If this is to be believed, there seems no chance that David Luiz will leave Chelsea before the World Cup starts in just under a month.
Despite the fact that El Mundo report that Neymar, Dani Alves and Adriano are all keen to have their fellow Brazilian at the Nou Camp.
Much will depend on incoming Barcelona coach Luis Enrique who will apparently have a long list of central defenders to target.
Luiz can console himself, if he does want to leave Chelsea, with the fact that PSG are also reportedly tracking the Brazilian defender.
- Gerard Pique & Neymar play Poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez stars as Office Guy in brilliant Abitab advert (Video)
- Messi lets slip a cheeky smile during Cristiano Ronaldo’s speech at UEFA awards (...
- Lionel Messi credits his teammates for enabling him to use his individual talents (Video)
- Barcelona recall Messi’s 5 goals against Leverkusen in 2011-12 Champions League (...
- Leo Messi really enjoyed beating Cristiano Roaldo to UEFA Player of the Year award [Ole]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...