- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Barcelona are closing in on Chelsea’s Juan Mata [El Mundo Deportivo]
- Updated: June 18, 2013
The front page of Tuesday’s El Mundo Deportivo has Juan Mata splashed on the cover with the headline “Mata: within range”.
In an article sure to anger many Chelsea fans, El Mundo Deportivo report that rumour which surfaced several days ago that Jose Mourinho is willing to sell off his superb Spanish forward as Mata is deemed to be outside the Special One’s considerations at Stamford Bridge.
According to the piece, Barcelona would sell Thiago Alcantara or Cristian Tello to help finance a bid for Mata.
The notion that Chelsea would be will to sell Mata was first raised by the Sunday Times 9 days ago, as Duncan Castles revealed:
Mourinho also wants to recruit a new midfielder and defender to bolster the spine of a team that has become relatively lightweight in Premier League terms. To raise funds he has placed £50m record signing Torres on the market, is prepared to sell David Luiz for around £35m and will even listen to offers for Juan Mata.
Why Mourinho would ever consider selling Mata remains difficult to understand.
Mata has been outstanding since joining the Blues from Valencia. Last season the Spanaid scored 21 goals and got 29 assists in 60 games in all competitions, and in short Mata is one of the best forwards in the Premier League.
A compilation video of Juan Mata’s 2012/13 season at Chelsea can be seen below.