- Nuts! Ricardo Kishna’s amazing Panna for Ajax v Heenreveen [Official video]
- Arsene Wenger kept Arsenal’s players in for dressing room for showdown talks after Man United loss
- Arsenal paid £50,000 for Paul Gascoigne’s medical care; Spurs made Gazza pay for CL tickets [Sun]
- Brendan Rodgers’ position as Liverpool manager “not under immediate threat” [BBC]
- Inter’s Dodo was left with a horrifically mangled face after his clash with AC Milan’s Sulley Muntari
Barca’s defender hunt: Luiz (Chelsea), Agger (Liverpool), Vertonghen (Tottenham) & Vermaelen (Arsenal)
According to El Mundo Deportivo, new Barcelona boss Tata Martino has identified the recruitment of a new centre-half as the most pressing concern before the transfer window shuts this summer, and the Catalans have listed five Premier League defenders on their shopping list.
Those defenders, in order of priority, are Chelsea’s David Luiz, Liverpool’s Daniel Agger, Tottenham’s Jan Vertonghen, Man City’s Vincent Kompany and finally Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen.
According to Mundo Deportivo, David Luiz is Barcelona’s prime candidate after the club’s pursuit of PSG’s Thiago Silva came to an end when the Brazilian signed a new contract at the Parc de Princes.
Noticeably, the Spanish news agency fail to detail how much any of the Premier League based defenders would cost, save for Liverpool’s Agger, whom the paper believe can be signed for 15 million euros.
That fee is also said to be cheaper than Luiz’s price tag, with reports earlier in the week claiming that Bayern Munich will bid £40m to sign Chelsea defender.
A screengrab of how the article was presented on the front page of El Mundo Deportivo’s website can be seen below.
- Updated: July 30, 2013