- Man United loan star Nani (Sporting) dresses up as Santa Claus to deliver presents [Picture]
- Behind the Scenes of James Milner’s boring Christmas video for Man City [Video]
- Borussia Dortmund release incredible video of fans & players singing ‘Jingle Bells’ [Video]
- PSG want to sign Adnan Januzaj on 6 month loan from Manchester United [Le Parisien]
- West Ham release awesome Christmas video poem celebrating 2014 success [Video]
Barca’s defender hunt: Luiz (Chelsea), Agger (Liverpool), Vertonghen (Tottenham) & Vermaelen (Arsenal)
According to El Mundo Deportivo, new Barcelona boss Tata Martino has identified the recruitment of a new centre-half as the most pressing concern before the transfer window shuts this summer, and the Catalans have listed five Premier League defenders on their shopping list.
Those defenders, in order of priority, are Chelsea’s David Luiz, Liverpool’s Daniel Agger, Tottenham’s Jan Vertonghen, Man City’s Vincent Kompany and finally Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen.
According to Mundo Deportivo, David Luiz is Barcelona’s prime candidate after the club’s pursuit of PSG’s Thiago Silva came to an end when the Brazilian signed a new contract at the Parc de Princes.
Noticeably, the Spanish news agency fail to detail how much any of the Premier League based defenders would cost, save for Liverpool’s Agger, whom the paper believe can be signed for 15 million euros.
That fee is also said to be cheaper than Luiz’s price tag, with reports earlier in the week claiming that Bayern Munich will bid £40m to sign Chelsea defender.
A screengrab of how the article was presented on the front page of El Mundo Deportivo’s website can be seen below.
- Updated: July 30, 2013