Barca’s defender hunt: Luiz (Chelsea), Agger (Liverpool), Vertonghen (Tottenham) & Vermaelen (Arsenal)
- July 30, 2013
According to El Mundo Deportivo, new Barcelona boss Tata Martino has identified the recruitment of a new centre-half as the most pressing concern before the transfer window shuts this summer, and the Catalans have listed five Premier League defenders on their shopping list.
Those defenders, in order of priority, are Chelsea’s David Luiz, Liverpool’s Daniel Agger, Tottenham’s Jan Vertonghen, Man City’s Vincent Kompany and finally Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen.
According to Mundo Deportivo, David Luiz is Barcelona’s prime candidate after the club’s pursuit of PSG’s Thiago Silva came to an end when the Brazilian signed a new contract at the Parc de Princes.
Noticeably, the Spanish news agency fail to detail how much any of the Premier League based defenders would cost, save for Liverpool’s Agger, whom the paper believe can be signed for 15 million euros.
That fee is also said to be cheaper than Luiz’s price tag, with reports earlier in the week claiming that Bayern Munich will bid £40m to sign Chelsea defender.
A screengrab of how the article was presented on the front page of El Mundo Deportivo’s website can be seen below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]