Barca’s defender hunt: Luiz (Chelsea), Agger (Liverpool), Vertonghen (Tottenham) & Vermaelen (Arsenal)
According to El Mundo Deportivo, new Barcelona boss Tata Martino has identified the recruitment of a new centre-half as the most pressing concern before the transfer window shuts this summer, and the Catalans have listed five Premier League defenders on their shopping list.
Those defenders, in order of priority, are Chelsea’s David Luiz, Liverpool’s Daniel Agger, Tottenham’s Jan Vertonghen, Man City’s Vincent Kompany and finally Arsenal’s Thomas Vermaelen.
According to Mundo Deportivo, David Luiz is Barcelona’s prime candidate after the club’s pursuit of PSG’s Thiago Silva came to an end when the Brazilian signed a new contract at the Parc de Princes.
Noticeably, the Spanish news agency fail to detail how much any of the Premier League based defenders would cost, save for Liverpool’s Agger, whom the paper believe can be signed for 15 million euros.
That fee is also said to be cheaper than Luiz’s price tag, with reports earlier in the week claiming that Bayern Munich will bid £40m to sign Chelsea defender.
A screengrab of how the article was presented on the front page of El Mundo Deportivo’s website can be seen below.
Watch Live Stream
- Did violent Valencia tactics make Andres Iniesta’s injury inevitable? (Video)October 24, 2016
- Andres Iniesta’s injury timetable sees him miss 12 Barcelona fixtures, including ClasicoOctober 23, 2016
- Neymar loses a court case regarding the birth of his son Davi Lucca [Noticias24]October 23, 2016
- New video angle emerges of Barcelona players being hit by bottles & Leo Messi’s rage (video)October 23, 2016
- Burn: Chelsea’s Antonio Conte hit back at Jose Mourinho’s moaning with epic zingerOctober 24, 2016
- Mesut Who? You won’t believe the player leading the Premier League Assists ChartOctober 24, 2016
- John Terry congratulates Chelsea team-mates on 4-0 win over Man United [Instagram]October 23, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic slated for smiling after Man United’s 4-0 defeat v Chelsea [Tweets]October 23, 2016
- Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 24, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp admits that Simon Mignolet isn’t happy with his current situation (Video)October 24, 2016
- Liverpool in talks with Steven Gerrard over a return to Anfield [The Express]October 23, 2016
- Joel Matip heaps praise on Philippe Coutinho following West Brom winOctober 23, 2016