Barca to replace Puyol by buying Chelsea’s David Luiz for £25m; Blues to offer John Terry a new deal [Telegraph]
- March 5, 2014
Here we go again…
The day after Barcelona hero Carles Puyol announced that he was leaving the Camp Nou at the end of the season, the Telegraph have speculated that the Catalans will bid £25m to lure David Luiz from Chelsea this summer.
Of course there is nothing new about Barcelona’s reported interest in Luiz as throughout last summer’s transfer window, as well as the recent January transfer window, rumours linking Chelsea’s Brazilian defender to Barcelona were rife.
In an article written by Jason Burt we are informed that:
Barcelona have renewed their interest in Chelsea’s David Luiz with the confirmation that Carles Puyol will leave the Spanish club this summer. A bid of €30 million (£24.7 million) is expected for the 26-year-old Brazil international.
If Luiz were allowed to leave it would be another sign that Mourinho still have faith in Chelsea captain John Terry, 33, who is set to be offered a one-year contact extension.
Should Barcelona land Luiz, then at least the Catalans will keep their quota of big bushy haired defenders for the 2014-15 campaign.
- Gerard Pique & Neymar play Poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez stars as Office Guy in brilliant Abitab advert (Video)
- Messi lets slip a cheeky smile during Cristiano Ronaldo’s speech at UEFA awards (...
- Lionel Messi credits his teammates for enabling him to use his individual talents (Video)
- Barcelona recall Messi’s 5 goals against Leverkusen in 2011-12 Champions League (...
- Leo Messi really enjoyed beating Cristiano Roaldo to UEFA Player of the Year award [Ole]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...