Barca to replace Puyol by buying Chelsea’s David Luiz for £25m; Blues to offer John Terry a new deal [Telegraph]
- March 5, 2014
Here we go again…
The day after Barcelona hero Carles Puyol announced that he was leaving the Camp Nou at the end of the season, the Telegraph have speculated that the Catalans will bid £25m to lure David Luiz from Chelsea this summer.
Of course there is nothing new about Barcelona’s reported interest in Luiz as throughout last summer’s transfer window, as well as the recent January transfer window, rumours linking Chelsea’s Brazilian defender to Barcelona were rife.
In an article written by Jason Burt we are informed that:
Barcelona have renewed their interest in Chelsea’s David Luiz with the confirmation that Carles Puyol will leave the Spanish club this summer. A bid of €30 million (£24.7 million) is expected for the 26-year-old Brazil international.
If Luiz were allowed to leave it would be another sign that Mourinho still have faith in Chelsea captain John Terry, 33, who is set to be offered a one-year contact extension.
Should Barcelona land Luiz, then at least the Catalans will keep their quota of big bushy haired defenders for the 2014-15 campaign.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...