- Man United & Liverpool target Memphis Depay is eccentric & doesn’t talk to the media [Talksport Audio]
- Angry Flamengo player gives ref incredibly hard handshake after 1-0 defeat to Vasco [GIF]
- Close up footage of the tension on Barcelona’s bench during the win over Valencia [Video]
- Robin van Persie made his Man United return for the U21s v Leicester [Individual highlights]
- Russian international Ivan Novoseltsev proposes to his girlfriend on the pitch at full time [Video]
Barca starlet Gerard Deulofeu heading to either Everton or Spurs on loan [El Mundo Deportivo]
- July 3, 2013
Following Marc Muniesa’s surprising arrival at Stoke on Tuesday, El Mundo Deportivo confirm that fellow La Masia product Gerard Deulofeu will also be joining a Premier League team in the coming weeks.
There had been interest from German sides but now it looks like Deulofeu will end up at either Everton or Tottenham on loan for season 2013/3014.
Currently starring in the Under-20 World Cup in Turkey, Deulofeu has banged in the goals for Barcelona B in recent seasons. In 2012/2013, the 19-year-old claimed 18 goals in 33 appearances.
According to El Mundo Deportivo, Everton boss Roberto Martinez and Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas have been in touch with Barcelona to discuss loaning Deulofeu.
Deulofeu is keen to test himself in a competitive league such as the Premier League and there were suggestions last month that Tottenham may have an advantage due to their involvement in the Europa League next season.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas would play Deulofeu on the wing, as part of the 4-3-3 formation that many have tipped the Portuguese coach to employ next season.
Meanwhile, Everton coach Roberto Martinez has a great knowledge of young players in Spain and is more likely to be able to offer Deulofeu regular first team football at Goodison Park.
Deulofeu will decide after the Under-20 World Cup.