Barça have staggering €23m (!) bid for Inter ‘keeper Handanovic rejected, Moratti wants €30m
- June 14, 2013
Victor Valdes may be staying on at Barcelona for one more year, but that doesn’t mean the club have stopped hunting for his replacement.
And after the likes of Monchengladbach’s Ter Stegen and Liverpool’s Pepe Reina had been linked with the role, Barcelona based paper SPORT claim (via Gazetta dello Sport) they’ve had an official bid of €23 million (!) rejeected for… Milán Samir Handanovic.
Inter’s Slovenian keeper has had a great debut season for the Nerazurri following his move from Udinese, but from there to place him at Barça’s level seems a huge leap.
Nicknamed ‘Spiderman’ for his elasticity and ability to reach the extremes of his net, Handanovic is a reliable shot stopper but has little experience in playing the sweeper-keeper role demanded by Barcelona.
If Barça are to pursue the Slovenian, they would make him the second most expensive goalkeeper of all time, behind only Gigi Buffon.
A bit steep for a keeper with 0 Champions League experience, no? A bit steep for a keeper full stop!
Watch Handanovic’s season highlights on the first clip below, and his previous Serie A highlights (with Lazio and Udiense) on the second.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi