- Neymar gave fans his entire football kit, leaving him standing in his boxers! [Video]
- Brilliant! Robinho pretends to be injured so that Neymar can drive cart around the pitch [Video]
- Angel Di Maria is asking Louis van Gaal to bring Nicolas Gaitan to Manchester United [Express]
- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
- Neymar pulls off ridiculously cheeky sombrero flick over opponent [Video]
Barça have staggering €23m (!) bid for Inter ‘keeper Handanovic rejected, Moratti wants €30m
Victor Valdes may be staying on at Barcelona for one more year, but that doesn’t mean the club have stopped hunting for his replacement.
And after the likes of Monchengladbach’s Ter Stegen and Liverpool’s Pepe Reina had been linked with the role, Barcelona based paper SPORT claim (via Gazetta dello Sport) they’ve had an official bid of €23 million (!) rejeected for… Milán Samir Handanovic.
Inter’s Slovenian keeper has had a great debut season for the Nerazurri following his move from Udinese, but from there to place him at Barça’s level seems a huge leap.
Nicknamed ‘Spiderman’ for his elasticity and ability to reach the extremes of his net, Handanovic is a reliable shot stopper but has little experience in playing the sweeper-keeper role demanded by Barcelona.
If Barça are to pursue the Slovenian, they would make him the second most expensive goalkeeper of all time, behind only Gigi Buffon.
A bit steep for a keeper with 0 Champions League experience, no? A bit steep for a keeper full stop!
Watch Handanovic’s season highlights on the first clip below, and his previous Serie A highlights (with Lazio and Udiense) on the second.
- Updated: June 14, 2013