- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Barbaric scenes at the SuperClasico as Boca Juniors fans assault River Plate steward
- Updated: October 29, 2012
The clash between River Plate and Boca Juniors is one of the must see football matches on the planet – the atmosphere and spectacle are superior to many derby matches across the globe.
In addition, the latest Super Clasico also featured a rather delightful looking Boca Juniors inflatable pig – held up by the River Plate fans, which delayed the start of the second half as the home fans believe the area surrounding Boca’s La Bombonera stadium smells.
This all comes with the caveat that this Buenos Aires derby is not for the faint hearted and violence is a common theme in matches between these two sides as well as in Argentine football in general.
And Sunday’s clash unfortunately lived up to many of these expectations as official sources report that 25 people were left injured and thankful that no one died, despite reports during and after the match that there had been fatalities.
The 25 wounded all came from the stewards policing the Boca Juniors end and one in particular took a fearful beating at the hands of the away supporters.
Video of Boca Juniors beating the living daylights out of a River Plate steward can be seen here with a second video also showing the scuffles.