Barbaric scenes at the SuperClasico as Boca Juniors fans assault River Plate steward
- October 29, 2012
The clash between River Plate and Boca Juniors is one of the must see football matches on the planet – the atmosphere and spectacle are superior to many derby matches across the globe.
In addition, the latest Super Clasico also featured a rather delightful looking Boca Juniors inflatable pig – held up by the River Plate fans, which delayed the start of the second half as the home fans believe the area surrounding Boca’s La Bombonera stadium smells.
This all comes with the caveat that this Buenos Aires derby is not for the faint hearted and violence is a common theme in matches between these two sides as well as in Argentine football in general.
And Sunday’s clash unfortunately lived up to many of these expectations as official sources report that 25 people were left injured and thankful that no one died, despite reports during and after the match that there had been fatalities.
The 25 wounded all came from the stewards policing the Boca Juniors end and one in particular took a fearful beating at the hands of the away supporters.
Video of Boca Juniors beating the living daylights out of a River Plate steward can be seen here with a second video also showing the scuffles.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi