- English Democrat Paul Rimmer says ‘Liverpool have been cursed by God for sponsoring Gay Pride’
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Raheem Sterling is the same type of striker as Alexis Sanchez’
- Alan Shearer pays tribute to Thierry Henry: ‘One hell of a player, and a really nice guy’ [Video]
- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal the butt of a very Dutch joke at awards show – he doesn’t like it! [Video]
- Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti on possible Jan signings: ‘I like Christoph Kramer a lot’ [Video]
Bafetimbi Gomis celebrates goal for Lyon v Sparta Prague by pulling out a dummy! (Booked for his troubles)
Lyon brushed aside Sparta Prague in the Europa League on Thursday night with target man Bafetimbi Gomis scoring the opener for OL.
After heading Lyon ahead, Bafetimbi Gomis pulled out a pacifier from his shorts and stuck it in his mouth for much of the ensuing celebration.
Gomis then handed the dummy to the Lyon bench before he was promptly booked by the referee.
The yellow card will come as no surprise with players regularly booked for taking their shirts off in celebration.
As we have pointed out numerous times on this website – booking goal scorers for celebrating outlandishly seeems counter productive to the whole point of playing football.
(Picture via Dirty Tackle.)
- Updated: September 21, 2012