BAD NEWS: Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud unlikely to be fit until 2015 [L’Equipe]
When it rains it pours for Arsenal.
The day after news hit the wires that Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud had broken his left foot leaving him out of action for three months, French daily L’Equipe are claiming that the striker may be out for longer than was originally expected.
In bad news for the Gunners, L’Equipe report on Wednesday that Giroud is likely to be out until the end of the year with his injury.
4/1 Arsenal to beat Besiktas!
EXCLUSIVE Odds: 4/1 Arsenal to beat Besiktas!
Arsenal take on Besiktas tonight in the second leg of their Champions League qualifier after drawing the first leg 0-0 and they are currently 2/5 to get the win – New Customer Exclusive.
Of course, the knee-jerk reaction to the news will be for Arsenal to further step up efforts to try and sign a striker before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.
Watch Arsene Wenger discuss Giroud’s injury at his presser before the Besiktas match in the Champions League below.
Watch Live Stream
- Hector Bellerin & Dele Alli take on 5-shot challenge with Copa 90 (Videos)October 27, 2016
- This is the most ridiculous Mesut Ozil transfer story you’re going to read todayOctober 27, 2016
- Man United and Liverpool stars called up to Holland squadOctober 27, 2016
- Spanish media announce bad news concerning Arsenal’s Lucas PerezOctober 27, 2016
- Injured Arsenal duo return to training ahead of Champions League match (Video)October 18, 2016
- Olivier Giroud calls out Conor McGregor & does brilliant Elvis impression (Video)October 17, 2016
- Arsenal boss rules Olivier Giroud out of Burnley game, positive news for Coquelin (Video)September 30, 2016
- How PSG’s Marquinhos got Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud sent offSeptember 14, 2016