BAD NEWS: Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud unlikely to be fit until 2015 [L’Equipe]
- August 27, 2014
When it rains it pours for Arsenal.
The day after news hit the wires that Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud had broken his left foot leaving him out of action for three months, French daily L’Equipe are claiming that the striker may be out for longer than was originally expected.
In bad news for the Gunners, L’Equipe report on Wednesday that Giroud is likely to be out until the end of the year with his injury.
4/1 Arsenal to beat Besiktas!
EXCLUSIVE Odds: 4/1 Arsenal to beat Besiktas!
Arsenal take on Besiktas tonight in the second leg of their Champions League qualifier after drawing the first leg 0-0 and they are currently 2/5 to get the win – New Customer Exclusive.
Of course, the knee-jerk reaction to the news will be for Arsenal to further step up efforts to try and sign a striker before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.
Watch Arsene Wenger discuss Giroud’s injury at his presser before the Besiktas match in the Champions League below.
- Arsene Wenger wonders if he talks too much (Video)
- Miami Heat star Luol Deng hopes Arsenal sign Karim Benzema (Video)
- Gary Neville says Arsenal don’t have enough strength, power or pace to win title ...
- Arsenal magician Santi Cazorla packs his Ultimate XI with Spain stars (Video)
- Arsene Wenger confident of making last minute deals (Video)
- Arsene Wenger calls for video technology to solve tight offside calls (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...