- Manchester United keeper David De Gea has said ‘Yes’ to Real Madrid [Jugones]
- Liverpool train ahead of FA Cup semi-final v Aston Villa [Video]
- Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet talks about his turnaround in form pre-Aston Villa [Video]
- Nacer Chadli and Andros Townsend captain game of Football-Tennis at Spurs training [Video]
- NUTS: Marseille’s Florian Thauvin pulls off slick Elastico-Nutmeg v Nantes [GIF]
BAD NEWS: Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud unlikely to be fit until 2015 [L’Equipe]
- August 27, 2014
When it rains it pours for Arsenal.
The day after news hit the wires that Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud had broken his left foot leaving him out of action for three months, French daily L’Equipe are claiming that the striker may be out for longer than was originally expected.
In bad news for the Gunners, L’Equipe report on Wednesday that Giroud is likely to be out until the end of the year with his injury.
4/1 Arsenal to beat Besiktas!
EXCLUSIVE Odds: 4/1 Arsenal to beat Besiktas!
Arsenal take on Besiktas tonight in the second leg of their Champions League qualifier after drawing the first leg 0-0 and they are currently 2/5 to get the win – New Customer Exclusive.
Of course, the knee-jerk reaction to the news will be for Arsenal to further step up efforts to try and sign a striker before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.
Watch Arsene Wenger discuss Giroud’s injury at his presser before the Besiktas match in the Champions League below.