BAD NEWS: Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud unlikely to be fit until 2015 [L’Equipe]
- August 27, 2014
When it rains it pours for Arsenal.
The day after news hit the wires that Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud had broken his left foot leaving him out of action for three months, French daily L’Equipe are claiming that the striker may be out for longer than was originally expected.
In bad news for the Gunners, L’Equipe report on Wednesday that Giroud is likely to be out until the end of the year with his injury.
4/1 Arsenal to beat Besiktas!
EXCLUSIVE Odds: 4/1 Arsenal to beat Besiktas!
Arsenal take on Besiktas tonight in the second leg of their Champions League qualifier after drawing the first leg 0-0 and they are currently 2/5 to get the win – New Customer Exclusive.
Of course, the knee-jerk reaction to the news will be for Arsenal to further step up efforts to try and sign a striker before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.
Watch Arsene Wenger discuss Giroud’s injury at his presser before the Besiktas match in the Champions League below.
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- West Ham owner David Gold confirms interest in signing Arsenal’s Carl Jenkinson [...
- Petr Cech insists that a collective effort will bring success to Arsenal [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi