- Newcastle’s Soccer Am Crossbar Challenge, coach Andy Woodman trolls everyone with banter [Video]
- Daniel Sturridge quizzed by Liverpool fans in India, says he grew up supporting Arsenal [Video]
- Arsene Wenger: Koscielny out of Liverpool-Arsenal, Ramsey set to miss Xmas period
- Mega Odds! Back West Ham to beat Leicester in the Premier League at 5/1!!!!
- Special Offer! Back Man City to beat Crystal Palace in the Premier League at 3/1!!!!
Back Off, Wenger: Rodgers sends defiant message to Suarez suitors, ‘Liverpool as an institution will never sell to a rival’
We’re nearly halfway through the first half of the season, which means the January sharks are starting to circle.
Looking to get his retaliation in first, so to speak, Brendan Rodgers has surprisingly come out with a defiant message to nip any Suarez speculation in the bud before anything starts.
Reflecting on what went on last summer, with Arsenal making a bid for Suarez, it wasn’t easy to read between the lines here and get the subtext: ‘don’t even think about coming back in for him, Wenger.’
Rodgers used powerful language, referring to Liverpool as an institution to infer strength, insisting they were never going to see to a direct rival, and hence never will.
Will Wenger accept the message, or simply up the ante in January with an increased bid?
[gthumb id="371126" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: October 31, 2013