Back Off, Wenger: Rodgers sends defiant message to Suarez suitors, ‘Liverpool as an institution will never sell to a rival’
- October 31, 2013
We’re nearly halfway through the first half of the season, which means the January sharks are starting to circle.
Looking to get his retaliation in first, so to speak, Brendan Rodgers has surprisingly come out with a defiant message to nip any Suarez speculation in the bud before anything starts.
Reflecting on what went on last summer, with Arsenal making a bid for Suarez, it wasn’t easy to read between the lines here and get the subtext: ‘don’t even think about coming back in for him, Wenger.’
Rodgers used powerful language, referring to Liverpool as an institution to infer strength, insisting they were never going to see to a direct rival, and hence never will.
Will Wenger accept the message, or simply up the ante in January with an increased bid?
[gthumb id=”371126″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers talks to LFC TV about new signings and Premier League pr...
- Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool ‘put everything’ into Raheem Sterling’...
- Adam Lallana admits goal v Brisbane was a fluke; Rodgers’ management speak rubbin...
- Liverpool boss praises Nathaniel Clyne & Joe Gomez after Brisbane Roar win [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers excited by ‘top class’ Roberto Firmino [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers admits he was a reason behind Raheem Sterling’s departure [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi