Oil baron Hafiz Mammadov buys Sheffield Wednesday for €50m, wants Chris Waddle as manager [L’Equipe]
- June 10, 2014
Azerbaijan-born RC Lens and FC Baku owner and multi-millionaire Hafiz Mammadov has bought Sheffield Wednesday, report L’Equipe on Tuesday.
The French paper are claiming that Mammadov, an oil baron, is understood to have bought the Owls from chairman Milan Mandaric for €50m.
The deal was reportedly concluded in a London restaurant on Sunday night, in which it was agreed that Mandaric should retain the position of chairman of the club.
L’Equipe also say that Mammadov has contacted 53-year-old Sheffield Wednesday legend Chris Waddle to offer him the job of managing the team.
L’Equipe add that “the objective is clear: next season they should get back in the Premier League.”
Expect plenty of signings at Hillsborough during the summer.
- Burnley v Sheffield Wednesday: Watch a Live Stream
- Goal of the season contender from Sheffield Wednesday’s Marco Matias v Leeds (Off...
- Leeds v Sheff Wed: Watch a Live Stream
- Sheff Wed v Bristol City
- Bournemouth v Sheffield Wednesday: Watch a Live Stream of the Championship match
- Norwich 2 – Sheffield Wednesday 0: Bradley Johnson lifts the Canaries into 2nd [O...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...