- Ludogorets’ late equalizer against Liverpool gave Phil Thompson a migraine [Vine]
- Per Mertesacker post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘It was a mental test, and we were absolutely solid’
- Oxlade-Chamberlain post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘I’m delighted for Yaya Sanogo’ [Video]
- Wenger post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘Alexis Sanchez has unbelievable fighting spirit’ [Video]
- Rickie Lambert post Ludogorets 2 – Liverpool 2: ‘We answered some critics tonight’ [Video]
Oil baron Hafiz Mammadov buys Sheffield Wednesday for €50m, wants Chris Waddle as manager [L'Equipe]
Azerbaijan-born RC Lens and FC Baku owner and multi-millionaire Hafiz Mammadov has bought Sheffield Wednesday, report L’Equipe on Tuesday.
The French paper are claiming that Mammadov, an oil baron, is understood to have bought the Owls from chairman Milan Mandaric for €50m.
The deal was reportedly concluded in a London restaurant on Sunday night, in which it was agreed that Mandaric should retain the position of chairman of the club.
L’Equipe also say that Mammadov has contacted 53-year-old Sheffield Wednesday legend Chris Waddle to offer him the job of managing the team.
L’Equipe add that “the objective is clear: next season they should get back in the Premier League.”
Expect plenty of signings at Hillsborough during the summer.
- Updated: June 10, 2014