Oil baron Hafiz Mammadov buys Sheffield Wednesday for €50m, wants Chris Waddle as manager [L’Equipe]
- June 10, 2014
Azerbaijan-born RC Lens and FC Baku owner and multi-millionaire Hafiz Mammadov has bought Sheffield Wednesday, report L’Equipe on Tuesday.
The French paper are claiming that Mammadov, an oil baron, is understood to have bought the Owls from chairman Milan Mandaric for €50m.
The deal was reportedly concluded in a London restaurant on Sunday night, in which it was agreed that Mandaric should retain the position of chairman of the club.
L’Equipe also say that Mammadov has contacted 53-year-old Sheffield Wednesday legend Chris Waddle to offer him the job of managing the team.
L’Equipe add that “the objective is clear: next season they should get back in the Premier League.”
Expect plenty of signings at Hillsborough during the summer.
- Bournemouth v Sheffield Wednesday: Watch a Live Stream of the Championship match
- Norwich 2 – Sheffield Wednesday 0: Bradley Johnson lifts the Canaries into 2nd [O...
- Wednesday’s Matt Penney scored a Maradona-esque solo golazo v Sheffield United in...
- Man United loanee Will Keane scored a lovely goal for Sheffield Wednesday [Official Video]
- Chelsea starlet Lewis Baker scores quality free-kick in Sheff Wed training
- Emile Heskey bags assist for Bolton at Sheffield Wednesday [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi