Oil baron Hafiz Mammadov buys Sheffield Wednesday for €50m, wants Chris Waddle as manager [L’Equipe]
- June 10, 2014
Azerbaijan-born RC Lens and FC Baku owner and multi-millionaire Hafiz Mammadov has bought Sheffield Wednesday, report L’Equipe on Tuesday.
The French paper are claiming that Mammadov, an oil baron, is understood to have bought the Owls from chairman Milan Mandaric for €50m.
The deal was reportedly concluded in a London restaurant on Sunday night, in which it was agreed that Mandaric should retain the position of chairman of the club.
L’Equipe also say that Mammadov has contacted 53-year-old Sheffield Wednesday legend Chris Waddle to offer him the job of managing the team.
L’Equipe add that “the objective is clear: next season they should get back in the Premier League.”
Expect plenty of signings at Hillsborough during the summer.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...