- LOLZ! Brad Jones fell asleep on the Liverpool bench during 3-1 loss at Crystal Palace [Vine]
- Liverpool fans blast Gerrard, Lovren & Rodgers after 3-1 loss to Crystal Palace [Best Tweets]
- Hull City v Tottenham [Team Sheets]
- Barcelona defender Thomas Vermaelen injured AGAIN with fresh hamstring problem [Mundo Deportivo]
- David Baddiel on Chelsea 2 – West Brom 0: Diego Costa is AMAZING
Awful sportsmanship! Piero Alva (Cesar Vallejo) shows he has no heart v Union Comercio
In November we witnessed Luiz Adriano of Shakhtar score a goal which showed a distinct lack of sportsmanship.
Piero Alva may have even gone one step further during Sunday’s Peruvian league match between Cesar Vallejo and Union Comercio in which Alva’s Cesar Vallejo won 3-1.
2-1 down, the Union keeper claimed the ball but was then struck by injury. Upon falling to the ground, he let the ball go, assuming the opposition wouldn’t be nasty enough to score into an open goal.
How wrong he was. 34-year-old striker Piero Alva came charging in to block the defender trying to put the ball out of play, and the ball ricocheted into the goal.
Vallejo went on to win 3-1 thanks to the disgusting goal and the Union keeper, Juan Flores had something to say after the game.
He said ‘I thought about hitting him and retiring from football’.
Watch the goal here:
- Updated: February 18, 2013