- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
Awful sportsmanship! Piero Alva (Cesar Vallejo) shows he has no heart v Union Comercio
In November we witnessed Luiz Adriano of Shakhtar score a goal which showed a distinct lack of sportsmanship.
Piero Alva may have even gone one step further during Sunday’s Peruvian league match between Cesar Vallejo and Union Comercio in which Alva’s Cesar Vallejo won 3-1.
2-1 down, the Union keeper claimed the ball but was then struck by injury. Upon falling to the ground, he let the ball go, assuming the opposition wouldn’t be nasty enough to score into an open goal.
How wrong he was. 34-year-old striker Piero Alva came charging in to block the defender trying to put the ball out of play, and the ball ricocheted into the goal.
Vallejo went on to win 3-1 thanks to the disgusting goal and the Union keeper, Juan Flores had something to say after the game.
He said ‘I thought about hitting him and retiring from football’.
Watch the goal here:
- Updated: February 18, 2013