Awesome! Japan fans shrug off World Cup exit to clean up the stadium after Colombia defeat
- June 25, 2014
Japan’s World Cup campaign may have been a huge disappointment but there supporters have won the hearts of many across the globe.
After every game the Blue Samurai played, Japanese fans took their blue rubbish bags and cleaned up the stadium of any mess.
Pictures emerged after the disappointing results against Ivory Coast and Greece of Japan supporters with blue bin bags after the final whistle of both matches.
The blue rubbish bags even became some sort of symbol for the Japanese fans – they were even spotted partying with them after the Greece draw.
And, despite their World Cup exit on Tuesday, Japanese fans pulled out the blue bags and cleared up the Arena Pantanal stadium after losing 4-1 to Colombia.
Selection of images showing the Japanese cleaning are above and below.
- Backheel + dummy golazo: Japan women score fabulous team goal v Holland [Vine]
- Gaku Shibasaki’s Japan teammate really didn’t want to steal his goal versus...
- Toshihiro Aoyama nets first ever Japan goal with incredible 35 yard golazo v Uzbekistan...
- Keisuke Honda scores and assists for Japan in 2-0 win over Tunisia [Highlights]
- Incredible miss! Keisuke Honda ruins Japan team move by hitting post with goal gaping [...
- Neymar-mania! Fans go crazy for Brazil attacker in Japan [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi