Awesome! Japan fans shrug off World Cup exit to clean up the stadium after Colombia defeat
- June 25, 2014
Japan’s World Cup campaign may have been a huge disappointment but there supporters have won the hearts of many across the globe.
After every game the Blue Samurai played, Japanese fans took their blue rubbish bags and cleaned up the stadium of any mess.
Pictures emerged after the disappointing results against Ivory Coast and Greece of Japan supporters with blue bin bags after the final whistle of both matches.
The blue rubbish bags even became some sort of symbol for the Japanese fans – they were even spotted partying with them after the Greece draw.
And, despite their World Cup exit on Tuesday, Japanese fans pulled out the blue bags and cleared up the Arena Pantanal stadium after losing 4-1 to Colombia.
Selection of images showing the Japanese cleaning are above and below.
- Japan’s Shinji Kagawa misses open goal from 5 yards out v Cambodia (Video)
- Hilarious keeper blunder in Japan leads to ridiculous Kashiwa Reysol own goal (Video)
- Ex Celtic star Shunsuke Nakamura incredible 94th minute free kick golazo equaliser in J...
- Backheel + dummy golazo: Japan women score fabulous team goal v Holland [Vine]
- Gaku Shibasaki’s Japan teammate really didn’t want to steal his goal versus...
- Toshihiro Aoyama nets first ever Japan goal with incredible 35 yard golazo v Uzbekistan...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...