AVB tells O Jogo: Bale will continue at Spurs, we are not listening to offers for him
- June 24, 2013
The claims in Marca today that Gareth Bale would look to force a move from Spurs this summer have been quickly rebuffed by an interview given by Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas in Portuguese newspaper O Jogo today.
Spurs boss AVB underlined that chairman Daniel Levy will not even listen to offers for their star player despite the huge interest from the likes of Real Madrid, Manchester United and PSG.
AVB: “Bale is very gifted, has the advantage of being very young and can go very far with the right motivation.”
The Tottenham manager outlined in O Jogo that “The club president said we will not even analyse proposals, whatever they are. Bale will continue at Spurs.”
Villas-Boas added: “In football anything can happen, but these are guarantees which have been given to me.”
He also denied in O Jogo that he had been convinced to stay at White Hart Lane despite overtures from PSG thanks to guarantees that Bale would remain at Spurs.
AVB also spoke of how he inspired Bale to improve his performances last season (see video below), his experiences of the Premier League and short time at Chelsea.
On Jose Mourinho’s return to the Premier League, AVB said: “Although we have grown apart, I think we are united by a professional respect.”
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...