- Crazy Stat: Robin van Persie only had 12 touches v Arsenal, and 3 of them were from corners he took!
- SKILLS! Ajax’s Ricardo Kishna pulls off a showboat nutmeg v Heerenveen [GIF & Vine]
- Jack Wilshere to sign new £150,000 a week deal to stay at Arsenal until 2020 [Sunday People]
- Epic Video: All of Lionel Messi’s record breaking 253 goals for Barcelona in La Liga
- Jose Mourinho: Our football v West Brom “was in another dimension”
AVB tells Lancenet that Tottenham are still interested in Willian & Leandro Damiao
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has given a wide ranging interview to Brazilian website Lancenet and confirmed a couple of potential January transfer window targets.
AVB assesses how Spurs have done since he arrived in the summer: “It started a little slowly, then came a good run of results, but it does not mean anything, the Premier League is very unpredictable.”
The former Porto manager also talks about working with Bobby Robson, Jose Mourinho (“the best coach ever”) and how he would one day like to work in Brazil.
Spurs fans will be most interested in the final question posed by Lancenet, regarding two Brazilians the north London club have been linked with in recent months: Shakhtar Donetsk’s Willian and Internacional’s Leandro Damiao.
On Willian, Villas-Boas says: “We got in touch with Willian and he is one of the players that interests us. I like his style but we could not reach the value Shakhtar were asking. It does not mean we won’t try again, Shakhtar are a difficult club to negotiate with as they do not need the money and can keep their players.”
The Tottenham boss also reaffirmed his interest in Brazil striker Leandro Damiao who Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has been chasing for a number of years.
AVB: “Leandro had a spectacular Olympics. We follow the best players and the youngsters, Damiao fits this profile. He has had injuries after London 2012 but he is a player that is always on our list.”
Scouting videos of Willian and Leandro Damiao can be seen below.
- Updated: December 31, 2012