- Raheem Sterling wins Tuttosport’s young player of 2014 award, Liverpool star called ‘black gold’
- Inter Milan want Aaron Lennon. Tottenham eye Fredy Guarin [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
AVB denies any Tottenham interest in Jackson Martinez & Bernard [Desporto]
Portuguese website Desporto appear to have had a brief conversation with Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas where he has denied any interest in two players recently linked with the north London side.
Reports in both Brazil and England today confirm Tottenham have all but secured the signing of Corinthians midfielder Paulinho with the Brazilian international set to sign on at White Hart Lane after the Confederations Cup.
But, Spurs look unlikely to sign either Porto striker Jackson Martinez or Atletico Mineiro playmaker Bernard, if AVB is to be believed.
Villas-Boas is quoted as saying: “Jackson Martínez? No. Bernard? He’s a player that we monitor like others, but I think nothing will happen.”
Jackson Martinez could be a difficult signing for anyone after Porto cashed in on Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez to Monaco earlier this summer.
And, Portuguese champions Porto are said to be favourites for Bernard, a young attacker who has impressed alongside Ronaldinho in the Copa Libertadores this season.
It looks likely that Tottenham’s main striker transfer target remains David Villa whilst Bernard will not leave Atletico Mineiro until late July after their Libertadores campaign ends, they are currently at the semi-final stage.
Video evidence of Bernard and Jackson Martinez is below.
- Updated: June 22, 2013