AVB denies any Tottenham interest in Jackson Martinez & Bernard [Desporto]
- June 22, 2013
Portuguese website Desporto appear to have had a brief conversation with Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas where he has denied any interest in two players recently linked with the north London side.
Reports in both Brazil and England today confirm Tottenham have all but secured the signing of Corinthians midfielder Paulinho with the Brazilian international set to sign on at White Hart Lane after the Confederations Cup.
But, Spurs look unlikely to sign either Porto striker Jackson Martinez or Atletico Mineiro playmaker Bernard, if AVB is to be believed.
Villas-Boas is quoted as saying: “Jackson Martínez? No. Bernard? He’s a player that we monitor like others, but I think nothing will happen.”
Jackson Martinez could be a difficult signing for anyone after Porto cashed in on Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez to Monaco earlier this summer.
And, Portuguese champions Porto are said to be favourites for Bernard, a young attacker who has impressed alongside Ronaldinho in the Copa Libertadores this season.
It looks likely that Tottenham’s main striker transfer target remains David Villa whilst Bernard will not leave Atletico Mineiro until late July after their Libertadores campaign ends, they are currently at the semi-final stage.
Video evidence of Bernard and Jackson Martinez is below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi